Home Forums General Discussion High ASO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    darling787
    Participant

A little over a month ago I checked in with my AP doc who had updated results from my blood tests . It appears my ASO titer is back up in the 400s . Since May of 2015 its gone from 400>390>310>370 and right back up to 410. Normal range is 0-200. She wanted me to switch from mino to both penicillin, azirothmyicin, and artemisinin. I stopped the mino and wanted to wait a few weeks prior to making my decision. Oddly enough while off the mino I started feeling so much better ..almost pain free. So much better I ran a half marathon! Boy do I regret that now. Just last week I ended up in the ER with the worst dizzy spell of my life, now my aches are back worse than ever AND I have white tonsil stones/sore throat. Now I’m trying to figure out what to do next and am so overwhelmed. My doctor still can’t say with certainty I have lyme and I’m definitely negative for arthritis. The only positive results I have are for ASO/strep and mycoplasma. Does anyone have advice on ASO? I know in the book he talks about treating it with penicillin. I was on P last summer for two months and the ASO barely moved. I am trying to find research online but there is very little. I’ve read somewhere that strep may be hiding deep in my tonsils and I should consider getting them out. Which my ENT recommended over the summer. The thought of getting my tonsils out is frightening as an adult as there are so many risk factors. Has anyone on this forum had success getting rid of a high ASO? Thank you!

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

richie
    Participant

Ever have a throat swab ?????????????????????

darling787
    Participant

Yes swabs are always negative

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

PhilC
    Participant

She wanted me to switch from mino to both penicillin, azirothmyicin, and artemisinin. I stopped the mino and wanted to wait a few weeks prior to making my decision.

Is there some reason why you haven’t done that yet?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

darling787
    Participant

I was feeling so good off everything hence why I waited but I started the azithromyicin today. I am worried about the heart issues I’m reading azirthomyciin can cause so my anxiety is at an all time high. Although I’ve been to a cardiologist back in the summer and all was normal I constantly have palpitations and feel like my heart isn’t the same since getting sick .

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Although I’ve been to a cardiologist back in the summer and all was normal I constantly have palpitations and feel like my heart isn’t the same since getting sick.

This message that I just posted may help you:
    https://www.roadback.org/forums/topic/heart-palpitations-3/#post-455394

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.