Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jennhere
    Participant

I still lurk around.  I don't post much because I'm very busy.  I feel a little bad that I'm not coming on more often to encourage others who are new.  I should try to pay back some of the good I've gained from this board.

I moved to TX with three kids- all by myself.  I unpacked (kids helped).  I have put together bookshelves, beds, tables, etc.

Yesterday I gardened for 3 1/2 hours in the TX heat.  It felt GREAT.  Nothing hurts.  My hands are painfree.

I am still on 100mg mwf. 

I occassionally have a bit of pain in my fingers.  Not all of them.  Just some.  It can be quite painful.  But it ususally lasts a couple of days then goes away.  I never- ever feel pain in my ankles, feet, wrists, elbows, knees…
    I only ever feel those pains in random fingers.  It doesn' tlast long at all.  I am finally confident enough in AP to know that the pain will go away in a day or two… so I don't freak out when it happens.  Remember those days?

I hope someone who needs to hear this- does.  Give AP a chance… it's a chance at living again! 

Jenn:)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

wonderful Jenn!!!!! and just what some will need to hear right now. thank you for sharing your (still) great news. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

casey
    Participant

Jenn,

This is so good to hear!!! Isnt it so nice to garden???? Many people who can do the work hate it but i find people like us appreciate it !

Take care and best wishes,

Casey

Trudi
    Participant

That sounds great, Jenn.

How long were you on AP before you had improvement?

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

MaryP
    Participant

Congrats, Jen.  I too gardened this year for the first time in three years.  It felt great, even though I overdid it a few times.  I was just thrilled to be able to do it.

Continued success.  AP is working for me too.

Michele
    Participant

Jenn,

I am woman, here me roar!

Congrats on your move, steady health, and gardening!

Way to go, girl!
    Michele

wendi
    Participant

Jenn,

I defintely needed to hear that!!  I hope soon my ankles and hips stop fussing at me. 

You go!

hugs

wendi

SusanSD
    Participant

Moving to TX with 3 kids …. no wonder you haven't been posting…. you're busy! I am glad you are feeling better and hopefully those little pains in fingers will subside. Do you think that where you herx is where the mycoplasma or little buggers are lurking?

deeS
    Participant

It's so great to hear such positive news! You're an inspiration.

dee

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

YEA JENN!!!!! way to go little one,I am so proud of you.I did the single parent and moving routine a few times so I was rather worried when you said you were moving.When I did not hear anything from you I just worried more.It's just a mother thing I guess.   XXXX Lynne G./SD

marg
    Participant

This is so good, Jenn!! I'm really glad for you. It's a relief when you post and we know you're OK – well, more than OK. What a gal!

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Hooray jenn!!!!!!   I remember when you were in such agony and felt so hopeless.  You could not get a definitive diagnosis, but you stuck in there and now look at you!

Great news.

Susan

Jesse88
    Participant

Congratulations and thanks for your positive post.  I just got The New Arthritis Breakthrough in today's mail and have started reading it.  I'm getting very excited about trying AP.  I'll have to wait until my Sept. appointment with the RD, but that will give me more time to prepare my “case.”  Reading of your success is so encouraging. 

One thing I found interesting mentioned in the book, was one successful study on AP was done at Harvard's Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, the very school my RD went to.  Yet, he blew me off when I asked about AP early on.  I won't be so easily silenced this time! LOL

Kim
    Participant

[user=649]Jesse88[/user] wrote:

One thing I found interesting mentioned in the book, was one successful study on AP was done at Harvard's Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, the very school my RD went to.  Yet, he blew me off when I asked about AP early on.  I won't be so easily silenced this time! LOL

Oh, Jesse, you'll be a great APer — armed and dangerous!!! :blush: 

kim

Jennhere
    Participant

Wow!  Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I sat around all day today- reading a book, catching up on the news…. sitting around all day not because I was in too much pain to move around.  I sat around because I wanted to!! 

I would say that my joints have no impact on what I decide to do on a day to day basis at this point.  But no day passes without my being aware that I'm enjoying a painfree day thanks to A.P.  I'll never forget those days I couldn't walk to the bathroom, or those days when I couldn't feel my children as I hugged them because my fingers, hands, wrists and arms were in too much pain to allow me to feel their little bodies.  I appreciate each day, each hug, each meal I can cook and each trip to the bathroom!!!

Jenn:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ Hi’ is closed to new replies.