Home Forums General Discussion Hi… it's been awhile…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in awhile- it's been kind of crazy. I have been on 50 mg of Mino MWF since Feb and have just finally “graduated” to 100 mg MWF (we are slowly but surely moving up to daily dosing 😉

I am having my good days and bad, I am having some issues lately but I think that I am herxing due to the increased doseage.

I hope that you are all doing well!!

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Hi momma,

You were diagnosed 6/08, so you are still early in your treatment.  It is good to know you are up and moving. 

It was at your stage that I had to spend a lot of time reminding myself how bad I had been as compared to now.  It was the 2nd year when I felt I teetered on the edge of a cup of soup and I could either fall forward into health or backward back into the cup of illness.  Now, 4 yrs into treatment, I am normal most of the time and when I have even the slightest flare-up I get really mad because I just want to be done with it.  That is when I have to remember those earlier days when I was never painfree, just differing degrees of pain.

You will get there too and then we can say “I'm FREE!”  Just like Kimmie.:) 

Susan

maz.aust
    Participant

I couldn't have said it any better — Well Done Susan !!

:):):):):):)

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

You are so sweet! Thank you! I keep forgetting that I am early into it and I am not even up to daily dosing yet (I wonder if I will see more of an improvement when I get there!)

I have had some new symptoms develop, but I will get through it 🙂

How are you doing?

maz.aust
    Participant

Hey momma,

Just thought I would let you know, every time I change my abx, even by dose, I herx.  So you are probably right, you are herxing – but hang in there!!

Maz – Aust

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Thanks! It has been horrible! I upped my dose last week and Sundays are my second “off day” in a row since I go MWF. Well last sunday I ha horrendous pains in my stomach and nausea I felt as though I had the stomach flu. Oddly enough this past sunday… the same thing. Could that be herxing?

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=944]mommaof2princesses[/user] wrote:

Thanks! It has been horrible! I upped my dose last week and Sundays are my second “off day” in a row since I go MWF. Well last sunday I ha horrendous pains in my stomach and nausea I felt as though I had the stomach flu. Oddly enough this past sunday… the same thing. Could that be herxing?

No doubt in my mind — I felt the same on Doxy and struggled through it the first time thinking it was just a really big herx & normal , , ,

I have only been on AP since Jun 08 too and found it all very strange in the beginning, I certainly couldn't tell the difference back then between a flare & a herx, but I am here to tell you that in time you will.  If you are dosing MWF Sunday will be the worst day; may I suggest you read up on how long the meds stay in your system, it should explain to you what's happening & why Sundays are so bad.

Please remember sometimes it just doesn't pay to be stoic !!   😕

Cheers,
    Maz – Aust 

All off days Probiotics

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I am really considering asking ym AP dr if I can just start taking it every other day instead of 3 days per week (if this doesn't let up in a week or so…)

Thank you so much for all of your input!

maz.aust
    Participant

Good idea Momma,

Ask your Dr or reduce the dose for a while … reducing the dose usually works for me!
    I think the 'die off' is just too much for you right now, start to flush the system and detox more often — get the dead buggers out of your system as soon as you can, you will feel better!

Good luck,
    Maz 

All off days Probiotics

Kim
    Participant

Hey Momma,

Nice to hear from you again, but sorry it's been a rough ride. 

With your busy schedule I fear you are not getting enough rest which isn't helping either.

Take care……..kim

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Hi Kim!

I hear that you are doing well I am so happy for you! I agree with you that my stiuation is probably not helped out by my crazy schedule, unfortunately there isn't too much I can do about it. ALthough, I did apply for accomadations for school (which is I get approved would mean that I would have more lax due dates etc.) that would relaly help because some days I cannot get so much done when I am not feeling well. I am also going to get the Western Blot soon becuase I have a pretty big hunch that I have Lymes Disease as well…

talk to you soon!

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Maz,

That's a good idea, might have to do that I woke up with cold sweats ugh. I did that in IA when i went for IVs (My body was hypersensitive to them)

Kim
    Participant

Maz,

That's a good idea, might have to do that I woke up with cold sweats ugh. I did that in IA when i went for IVs (My body was hypersensitive to them)

The night sweats are very Lyme-like, actually Babesia, so I'm glad you're going to do the Western Blot.  Make sure you use Igenex and get copies of the test because the pos/neg result can be meaningless as you probably know by now.  One day we should count up how many of us, on this board alone, have the SD/Lyme combo. 😯

Take care……kim

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I notice the nightsweats mainly when I did the IVs and now that I have upped my mino… could that be stirring up the lyme bugs?

I will definitely be doing it through Igenex and I will order ppwk for myself! THanks for all of your good advice 😉 I think we should do a tally of how many SD'rs have Lymes Disease…

A Friend
    Participant

…..I keep forgetting that I am early into it and I am not even up to daily dosing yet (I wonder if I will see more of an improvement when I get there!)

I have had some new symptoms develop, but I will get through it 🙂

Hi Momma,

The good changes usually happen so gradually, that we can become accustomed to feeling ever so slightly better day by day.  Sometimes when we've journaled, we can even better appreciate how far we've come — or it may happen that about 4 to 6 months after we began AP, without a doubt we know we have improved. 

Along our road back, we need to also remember that while AP is great, it is not a “magic bullet” that can do everything.  And we need to make sure we do many of the other good things we need to do to help our body resume its usual functions… which may need some boosting… since we usually have some diminished ability because of a depressed immune system.  Especially, I think of perhaps drinking the lemon/olive oil drink to help the liver flush out the acidic wastes from die-off and other metabolic wastes, for sometimes our liver's detoxification systems aren't working up to par.  Or, taking a supplement for boosting the liver, that may include silymarin/Milk Thistle, etc. 

But, when you/we get to feeling much better, it's hard to miss that we really ARE better.  Good luck to you in your journey…

AF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ Hi… it's been awhile…’ is closed to new replies.