Home Forums General Discussion Hi, and update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marie
    Participant

Hi, everyone,

It's been a loooong time.  I've been very busy, mostly with living life.  I've started so many posts in my head, only to find I don't have the time to sit down and hammer them out.  I have a break for the holidays, though, and am going to make myself hammer away!

So many new people here, that's wonderful!  Just click my name to read my prior posts to get a sense of my history.  In short, though, I'm battling some sort of vector borne illness.  I have no idea how I got it. 

When I left you this summer, I'd just begun treatment on abx, only to end up w/ massive yeast issues.  Thankfully, the yeast issues have resolved greatly.  I take probiotics that really work for me (the Perque brand), and those seem to have made a huge difference.  Plus I adhered to a super strict candida diet for 6-7 months.  I had one flare this fall (induced by either sweet potatoes or black tea, not sure which), that required diflucan.  I've been able to enjoy many sweet treats over the holidays, with no consequences, really!  I'm on Nystatin all the time, and I've been w/o my Nystatin for the last week (long story), but to no noticeable effect.  I think I still have some oral yeast, but that's nothing compared to what it was…the yeast was everywhere. 

I struggled horribly with yeast since April.  Only two measly weeks on low dose zith was enough to do me in.  I'm very happy to have made this progress.  I am still not back on pharmaceutical abx, but I suspect my dr will have me restart those after the new year, given how I'm doing. 

I've also begun using ACS200, the silver spray.  I think that has killed some yeast and some of the bugs (felt herxing in my tendons). 

Boluoke (lumbrokinase) has done wonders for my circulation issues, and my tendons have loosened up nicely. 

I have some herxing now and then, but nothing unbearable.  I herxed a lot more early on w/ my herbal supplements than I am right now.  I hope that means I made progress…or everything just went dormant! lol. 

My dr thinks I might be more of a bartonella person than a borrellia (sp?) person.  My NC State bart titers came back high, so he retested those.  I don't have those results yet. 

My remaining symptoms include gluten intolerance and dry eyes. 

I aim to begin a low level fitness program after the new year.  My body's been dormant for so long! 

I bounce on an exercise ball daily, and I think it's made a difference in the health of my skin, particularly on my face.  The bouncing, combined w/ the better circulation, has my skin looking more supple and filled out. 

I am concerned, though, about my teeth.  They are starting to become translucent/grayish/bluish.  It's not really noticable to anyone but me,  but I really don't want the problem to get worse.  I wonder if it's because I went off dairy a year and a half ago.  I don't take a calcium supplement, either.  I eat an alkaline diet, and I thought I was getting enough calcium from food, but maybe not.  And if my body's possibly leaching calcium from my teeth…where else is it leaching calcium from… :sick:.  I'm going to consult w/ my dr and my dentist, but in the meantime, I'm taking a calcium supplement. 

Does anyone want to weigh in on the raw dairy/raw milk debate? I'm starting to wade through that issue. 

On the all and all, though, I'm doing wonderfully well.  I'm working full time, playing in a church music group and enjoying a full social calendar.  Reawakening to life is a wonderful gift, and I'm very grateful. 

Wishing you all the best!!

Marie

Trudi
    Participant

[user=601]Marie[/user] wrote:

Reawakening to life is a wonderful gift, and I'm very grateful. 

Hi Marie–

Thanks for your update.  Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=601]Marie[/user] wrote:

I'm doing wonderfully well.  I'm working full time, playing in a church music group and enjoying a full social calendar.  Reawakening to life is a wonderful gift, and I'm very grateful. 

Wishing you all the best!!

Marie

Marie,

Nice to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing. This past Monday I got the confirmation test from Igenex, which implies (I have to use this word, yes, implies) that I may have Lyme disease. In a way I am glad to get a final diagnosis, but on the other hand, I know I have a tough road to travel. Great news is I've got all the support I need from this wonderful family of RBFBB.

I hosted a Christmas party in my house for 30 people who are from my husband's office . It was a lot of work. I had a lot of pain and swelling after the party but I recovered very quickly. Now I am taking three weeks of winter break, enjoying reading, music, kicking back, while outside is snowing….

You said it well, <span style="color: #000000]Reawakening to life is a wonderful gift, and I'm very grateful.  “>
    [/color]

Happy New Year to you!

JB

sierrra
    Participant

That's happening to my teeth, too. I credit it to the minocycline. I get 4 cleanings a year and that has helped, but there's a subtle change that seems to be happening within the teeth.

Sierra

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1037]sierrra[/user] wrote:

That's happening to my teeth, too. I credit it to the minocycline. I get 4 cleanings a year and that has helped, but there's a subtle change that seems to be happening within the teeth.

Sierra

If it is just stain locally, dental cleanings can take care of it. Color change in entire teeth like what Marie has, I would be very concerned. I would definitely check with a good dentist, make sure it is not permanent. Don't quote me on this, [/color] type of medicine can change teeth color permanently, especially in some children or infants.

This picture shows severe tetracycline stained teeth.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Hi, and update’ is closed to new replies.