Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kimberly_studio
    Participant

😀Question..Has anyone on this board ever went to Dr. M. L.  for treatment? Its says MD ANd the (FP) what does that mean? Just curious….and another question…I called and said I wanted to make a new appt. and then she sais alright then I will send you out the paper work and then you can call bcak and make an appt. if you still wanty to…what does that mean? why wouldn't I want to? Just curious what would be on that paperwork? anyone know?

(edited to remove physician's name; please use initials on the board)

Texas T.
    Participant

Kimberly, the paper work might simply be the same papers you would normally fill out on your first Dr. visit – only they are asking you fill them out in advance and possibly return the papers in advance of your appointment.  This way they can contact insurance before you come for your visit.

I know it sounds odd – but I have encountered it lately.  The appointment setter has given me a web site where I print my own paperwork, fill it out, and sometimes fax or return it in advance of my visit.  Just think of all the $$$ they can save in office worker's time and materials such as paper and printer ink.

Or maybe not – just a thought.  Anyone else have an experience or thoughts to share?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=697]kimberly_studio[/user] wrote:

Its says MD ANd the (FP) what does that mean?

Hi Kim,

Pretty sure FP means “Family Practitioner.”

Peace, Maz

Todd WI
    Participant

I don't know anything about Dr. M. L., but I'm guessing it may be the “cost of services” discussion that causes people to change their mind.  AP docs often have very intensive first meetings and some docs run a bunch of tests.  It can get pricey.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ HI’ is closed to new replies.