Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kimberly_studio
    Participant

I am just having a really bad day and kinda need some support.  I  want my life back! I want my road back~ I can see it but now I am waiting around and my appt isn't until the beggining of november. I'm still waiting for the book I ordered. I'm very impatient! I just don't even know myself anymore. I feel like my boyfreind is frusterated too! Not in a bad way, but I feel like when I'm sick I cant be Kim and I hate it. He says everythings fine, but you know. I guess when I'm not happy with myself how can I make anyone else happy you know?? just tired of this!!!!

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Kim,

If anyone does, I understand impatience.  My motto in life is “I want it all, and I want it NOW!  When they were young, I taught my kids, if they asked for something and someone said, “What's the magic word” I taught them to say “NOW!”

If you want to start AP sooner, consider trying to talk your local GP into a trial RX of Minocin, give him some of the informaton on the RBF main website, and tell him that your appointment is in November.  Certainly any GP will know that millions of teens are on this drug for acne, so they should be willing to give you an RX for a couple months worth while you wait for the AP doc appointment.  Just tell him that you think this might work, and you don't see any reason there could be any harm.  On the other hand, your symptoms could continue to worsen.  Any GP should be willing to write you an RX for a couple months of Mincin, or by chance, are you lucky enough to have a bit of acne?  Eat alot of chocolate, smear your face with oil and see if you can work up a few pimples if simple reasoning doesn't work. LOL

I know it is difficult to wait.  Also, ask the doctor if they will call if a cancelation comes up.  That could get you in sooner. 

Good luck!

Cheryl

Goodwife
    Participant

kImberly,

It is very hard to be patient, I am the most impatient person!  My husband has been on AP for 20 months now, but I remember being at the place you are when you were anxious to start AP, scared, depressed, etc.  IT WILL GET BETTER.  Unfortunately, you have to be patient, because not only are you waiting for your appointment, but the improvements are for the most part slow and gradual.  It is really a leap of faith and does try your patience.  Over the last 20 months, too, I have had fears, doubts, anxiety, depression, etc.  – it comes with the territory.  Just know that you are not alone and that you will get your life back!  Good luck and take care,

Jo
    Participant

[user=697]kimberly_studio[/user] wrote:

I am just having a really bad day and kinda need some support.  I  want my life back! I want my road back~ I can see it but now I am waiting around and my appt isn't until the beggining of november. I'm still waiting for the book I ordered. I'm very impatient! I just don't even know myself anymore. I feel like my boyfreind is frusterated too! Not in a bad way, but I feel like when I'm sick I cant be Kim and I hate it. He says everythings fine, but you know. I guess when I'm not happy with myself how can I make anyone else happy you know?? just tired of this!!!!

There is something you can do right now. You can start working on the inflammation.

I personally am a profound believer in MSM, as I've seen it's effects on my Husband.  Others have other things that work for them.  You can pick and choose what you want to try. 

The MSM is not a cure, as that actor says, can't remember his name. But it sure seems to be taylor make for this illness.   You won't see much effect until you get above 12,000 mg a day. But once you do, it's fantastic.  NO more inflammation, NO more stiffness, NO more crippling, and even better, the only signs of herxing that will get thru will be the fatigue.

The only warning, is that it is a detox as well. Any toxins in your body will be cleared, and you might experience their effects on their way out.  It is recommended that you start at whatever you feel comfortable with, and wait for 3 days with no detox effects before increasing.  And simply keep increasing it untill you find your own level that eliminates the symptoms.  My husband had to get 18,000 mg per day 

This website has a nice summary of it's effects. It isn't for these illnesses, so it recommends a dose that is way to low, but it does describe why it works pretty well.

http://users.rcn.com/ereshkigal/msm.htm

kimberly_studio
    Participant

where can I get it???

Jo
    Participant

[user=697]kimberly_studio[/user] wrote:

where can I get it???

http://www.puritanspride.com/

Product # 011732

Jennhere
    Participant

You might also want to be kind to yourself.  A warm bath with some salts and some sprigs of rosemary (a little 'kim soup';)).  The salts are good for your body and the rosemary is an analgeisic (sp?).   You can enlist your boyfriend in a massage… that way he has something nice to do for you.  Maybe try to find a way to make the time pass a little more gently.

Sierra
    Participant

Not wanting what is. This is really the human dilemma and a big source of suffering. I, too, struggle with this and with impatience. My goal is to try to stay in the present moment, explore and be with what is happening. I think that's where we find peace. Meditation has been extremely useful to me over the past 25 years in this effort.

Sierra

lauram
    Participant

You should , also, be on probiotics.  Fish or cod liver oil, curcumin and ginger are good for inflammation.

good luck

Jo
    Participant

[user=74]lauram[/user] wrote:

You should , also, be on probiotics.  Fish or cod liver oil, curcumin and ginger are good for inflammation.

good luck

I thought the probiotics were to replace the bacteria in the stomach killed by the antibiotics. Why would one start taking them  before the antibiotics?

Thanks

lauram
    Participant

To keep ahead of the yeast. There's probably already some dysbiosis in there anyway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Hey’ is closed to new replies.