Home Forums General Discussion Herxing or not?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

[user=2147]motherbear[/user] wrote:

He doesn't want to reduce his dose.

Hi Caroline–

I don't blame him, knowing how anxious he was to get things going.  However, if the pain is from increased inflammation, which I'm thinking it is, that is not a good thing either.  It really is better to go slow.

My first month of doxy two years ago was a killer.  I literally grit my teeth to get through the month–not good, I cracked a tooth–had to get a crown :(!

The job will get done–even if you reduce the abx to tolerance.

Take care,

Trudi

P.S.  I met Kim in person last summer at another member, Patti's, lake home.  She definitely will have words of wisdom for you!!  The people on this board are just great!

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

motherbear
    Participant

Hi Trudi,

I will see how he goes and if he continues to herx reduce his dose for him seeing as I am the one dishing out the Doxy!:)

Funny you mentioned seeing Kim as I was only thinking this morning how it would feel so fantastic to meet up with everyone in person as I feel so comfortable with you all. I suppose we all have the same goal and empathy by the bucket load for each other.

Take care.

Caroline.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=2147]motherbear[/user] wrote:

I suppose we all have the same goal and empathy by the bucket load for each other.

For sure!!

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

aynurrzepa
    Participant

😀

Kim
    Participant

Caroline,

So true.  When you meet people on this board you feel like you're getting together with old friends ~ no awkwardness whatsoever. 🙂  Trudi, I hope to get back up to the lake next summer and see you and Patti.  I was sorry to miss this year, but have had a lot going on around here.  Next summer I hope to find you doing somersaults off the dock. 😉

My Lyme doc is a very wise man and he doesn't believe in hard herxing.  Antibiotic Protocol is a long term therapy and you can't live in that much pain for very long without bailing out of the therapy.  There are times when you have no choice, but to endure herxing due to adjustments to a newly added abx, or dosage change, but not all the time.  Please tell your son he's in this for the long haul so he'll have to pace himself. 😉

As long as I kept up with frequent use of my infrared sauna (which the bugs hate) I was able to take smaller amounts of antibiotics on a pulsed dosage, and still get results.  I was happier and my gut was happier.  Your body naturally creates a fever to fight infection and that's what the sauna does………stirs up the nasty critters, kills some, then sweats out the toxic debris left behind.  Are saunas worth the expense?  For me, the answer is, “oh yeah.” 🙂

Take care…..kim

motherbear
    Participant

Hi Kim,

thanks for your post. I know you are right about pacing yourself so you can endure the long haul. He is suposed to go on 100mg M,W and F in the next two weeks but I think I will hold of that for the moment.

I was talking to him yesterday and again said it would be wise to lower the dose so he wasn't in so much pain and he refused saying that he could endure the pain as he is the master of endurance when it came to pain! (Rambo syndrome!)

Hence I will monitor him myself as I tend to have a good idea what he is going through and if  it doesn't ease of in a few days lower the dose myself.

I am feeling optimistic that this will work for him because if he is herxing then there has to be a bacteria for him to herx with! 😀

Take care Kim.

Caroline.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Next summer I hope to find you doing somersaults off the dock. 😉

Oh, Kim, thanks for the good laugh :roll-laugh:!!  How very wonderful that would be!!  I might even allow pictures :roll-laugh:.

Take care,

Trudi

Kim
    Participant

:D:D:D:D:D

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ Herxing or not?’ is closed to new replies.