Home Forums General Discussion Herxing? New aches and stiffness

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BrendanG
    Participant

Hi all

Nearing two weeks on mino and feeling stiff and a little sore in new places -but not in the usual feet, hands and inner thighs. I am hoping this is a form of herx – not progression of SD. Any thoughts?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Brendan – it is likely that this is herxing  due to the fact that it has begun 2 weeks after beginning therapy and it seems quite indicative that the stiffness and soreness is in new places. That is exactly what happened to me after beginning mino 5 years ago. However, I do need to point out that I do NOT have SD. I do know that SD patients often report a lack of herxing – which some attribute to the daily dosing that SD patients often undertake – but the SD crowd here will be able to give you a better response than I will on this. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

JeffN
    Participant

Brendan – I noticed increased joint pain mostly in my legs and hips. In my case it took a bit longer to present, I think I was more like five or six weeks into mino. My first few months on mino are a little skewed because I was dealing with GAVE and I am not sure what pains, fatigue etc. was caused by what. While the SD pain I had been experiencing previous to AP seemed to be getting better I thought, I was experiencing new pains and stiffness. I did get a rash that started on my calves and then jumped to my upper body and I am sure that was a herx reaction. I do think the joint pain was probably Herx related and not the anemia but I am not sure, die off maybe? It did go away for the most part in a couple of months. Also the joint pain while annoying was nothing compared to the typical SD pains I had before AP.

Mumof3
    Participant

It sounds like herxing to me. I herxed almost immediately (and badly) when I started AP. I didn't really have any symptoms at the time other than positive bloodwork. For me, I had a lot of muscle pain. A few months into it, I would get random pains in my joints that seemed to migrate.

Kim
    Participant

Sounds like herxing to me too, Brendan.  My symptoms were all over the place when I started AP and it took me a while to be comfortable with my decision to use abx.  No looking back now, it was definitely the right choice.

Hang in there…….kim

SusanSD
    Participant

Brendan,
         My unscientific opinion is that the AP shakes the bugs out and they seek new “homes” or host cells to invade. I would sometimes get pains and stiffness in a particular finger which was “new”. The key would be that it's short-term (a few days or migratory as Mum said). Even when I felt better after a few months on AP I noticed other worrisome symptoms and just kept monitoring. All of them went away in due time.
         It is hard to tease out herxing from disease progression at the early stage but as George Michaels sings, “You gotta have faith”.

BrendanG
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

One thing that is becoming apparent to me is the absolute diversity of the mainifestations of SD.  Many describe joint pain, whilst for others (myself included) it is more related to muscle soreness and stiffness. 

Hair loss appears to be common (and Randy seems to be making a great comeback) yet for some it is not an issue.

I do belive that the AP has stirred up the mycoplasma and that I am experiencing a herx reaction.  Alternatively it could be that it is so bloody cold here at present that my body (and SD) are giving me a hard time.  

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Herxing? New aches and stiffness’ is closed to new replies.