Home Forums General Discussion Herxing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sydnie
    Participant

Hi All

Many Thanks for all the replies I have receieved over the last couple of weeks.  Just wanted a little more clarification if poss.

Was practically in remission and then flared due to change in my body. The flare I thought I was experiencing was actually herxing due to increasing mino from MWF to M_F for 3 weeks as the symptoms were intermittent. 

Agreed with my AP doc to reduce back to MWF to stop herxing but unfortunately I think Im now in a flare-tolerable but not pleasant.

Stopped 5 day regime last Sunday (26th) and felt quite well. Mon and Tues. Then took mino Wed, then Fri , feeling bad Sat /sun and today.  Is it possible  herx from reducing the mino as well as increasing it or is this the flare getting worse.  Im not very familiar with flares(Thankfully) so I wonder if the flare is worse when it starts or can it get worse over time or is that the herxing?

Many Thanks 😀

S

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sydnie, any change in a regime – up or down – can elicit herxing. Think that may well be what you are experiencing. The fact that you felt pretty well on the 2 days you stopped are possibly pointers to this being the case. If you can tolerate it, I'd give your body some time to adjust. If not tolerable, you might want to talk with your doc about having a week's washout period before re-starting the pulsed regime. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Sydnie
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie

I will do that

Sx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Herxing’ is closed to new replies.