Home Forums General Discussion Herx Reaction???

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Roz
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I hope these lines find you doing well.

The meds. I am on right now are really rough.

I feel very cold all the time, fllu like SX as well.

Besides antibitics I am also pulsing the med for yeast. I find this med. causing anxiety has anyone else had this SX of anxiety with yeast meds?

Much Love To All, Roz

mschmidt
    Participant

Roz,

YES!!  I have been taking fluconazole on and off for a few months, and whenever I'm taking it, I herx like crazy for the first few days (headache, swelling, nausea, anxiety, insomnia).  So, since I'm not doing anything else differently, I'm assuming it's the candida.  I'm glad you posted this because I was starting to feel a little crazy about my symptoms.

Maria

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

Besides antibitics I am also pulsing the med for yeast. I find this med. causing anxiety has anyone else had this SX of anxiety with yeast meds?

Roz, just a thought, but what brand of generic fluconazole are you taking? Seems there are good ones and duds out there and some that produce unwanted side-effects unnecessarily.

I hope you feel better soon, Roz, you poor thing…you've really been going thru the mill. Sending healing hugs your way.

Peace, Maz

Roz
    Participant

Hi Maria and Maz,

Thanks so much for your help.

On the pill bottle it just says Fluconazole, the tables are light pink with a odd shape.

I hope you both are having a fantastic weekend.

Hugs, Roz

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Maria,Roz;
           I am having the exact same reaction to the Fluconazole.At first I thought it was due to the heavy antibiotics I am taking for Lyme so I decided to experiment on myself by  taking or omitting one or some of them.It is definately the F that makes me so miserable.I take the same one as you do Roz.
                            Lynne

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

On the pill bottle it just says Fluconazole, the tables are light pink with a odd shape.

Hi Roz,

I'm taking Greenstone generic fluconazole and it is pink and an odd polygonal shape.

FYI, IVAX generic fluconazole has not had good reports here by other folks who have taken it, but it is a lighter pink and oval-shaped pill.

Maybe ask your pharmacist if they supply a different generic you could trial next time to see if it's any better? 

Peace, Maz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Herx Reaction???’ is closed to new replies.