Home Forums General Discussion Herx?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mlouise
    Participant

How do you know if what you feel is herx or just progression of SD?  I have been taking Minocin 100mg every other day for about a week.  Before that I was taking 50mg every other day for about two weeks.  My wrists are extremely painful most of the time and I have lost mobility in the right hand third and fourth finger.  Just typing this using QWERTY is painful and slow.  I am also so tired all the time.   Some days I can't lift my arm up just to get a glass of water.  It feels so heavy.  Is this herx or the SD getting worse.  I want to believe that it is herx because then I am better, right?  But sometimes I lose faith and am sure I must be getting worse.  Give me something to cling to.  MLouise with SD

Kim
    Participant

Hi mlouise,

Sorry you're feeling so poorly, but only one week in is way too early to tell what you're experiencing.

I have SD and Lyme and it took me about four months of Minocin before stopping the progression and then slowly, ever so slowly, reversing it.  If you go to the Home section, under the Education tab there is a lot of good information on herxing and tips on managing it.

My signature line has my story of things I've done to get better that may be useful to you.

Wishing you all the best in turning things around.

Take care…..kim

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi M.Louise;
         I knowhow depressing of these symptoms make you feel.Now,sit down,try to relax and most of all,don't panic.I would expect that your SD is still raging as you have not been on AP nearly long enough to see any result yet.Kim was way faster than me in getting to remission.It took me four years before things started to turn around.I have SD,CELIAC and LYME.I did not know about the Celiac at the time and that is why it took so long.It was just agrivating my immune system so no amount of minocin did anything until I got that problem fixed up .It took 18 months to get the Celiac,leaky gut,yeast and an acid system back to normal.After that I was in total remission in an other 18 months.Just recently did I find out that I have Lyme also so I feel like I am starting all over again with MISERABLE herxes.
                            Lynne

kati34
    Participant

Wow Kim.  I just read your story – how uplifting!!!

I can only hope AP works as well for me as it did for you. 🙂

– Kati

Kim
    Participant

[user=2441]kati34[/user] wrote:

Wow Kim.  I just read your story – how uplifting!!!

I can only hope AP works as well for me as it did for you. 🙂

– Kati

Kati,

You can make it happen.  Fire any doctors that won't help you and work with those that will.  Just be ready to roll up your sleeves and take charge because no one cares about your health as much as you do. 😉

Take care…..kim

gnadec
    Participant

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

It took 18 months to get the Celiac,leaky gut,yeast and an acid system back to normal.After that I was in total remission in an other 18 months.

Hi Lynne,

I would love to know some of the things you did to get these issue back in check.

Thanks, Gina

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Herx?’ is closed to new replies.