Home Forums General Discussion Help! Tried to re-introduce mino

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fran
    Participant

Help!  I had been taking 50 mg doxy 2-3 times per week as I can tolerate and yesterday I tried to take 25 mg of mino as Dr. S wanted me to see if I could re-introduce it after over a year of not taking it due to sensitivity to it.

I was having a good day.  Just a few spots in my hands and feet that were sore but feeling really good and was active.  I split the mino and took 25 mg at 2:30.  At 6:30 I started noticing my throat was hurting intensely and then I started intense shivering and then EVERY joint in my body became inflammed and I could hardly move.  Then I spiked a fever.  I got no sleep last night and just writhed in pain all night in and out of fevers. 

This morning, I'm drinking the lemon olive oil drink and trying to clear that mino from my system but I feel awful!  Every joint hurts and I can hardly walk.  Of course, the kids have no school today so this is not the day to feel awful.

Has anyone else experienced this???  This is not a herx, I'm convinced it is just extreme sensitivity and I can never take mino again.  I can't believe how fast after taking the mino that it came on.  Has that ever happened to any of you?  I am really struggling here this morning with worries that I will be like this forever and I've really backtracked and what if I can't get back to how good I was doing?  Does anyone have any words that can give me any encouragement?  :crying:

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=123]Fran[/user] wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this???  This is not a herx, I'm convinced it is just extreme sensitivity and I can never take mino again.  I can't believe how fast after taking the mino that it came on.  Has that ever happened to any of you?  I am really struggling here this morning with worries that I will be like this forever and I've really backtracked and what if I can't get back to how good I was doing?  Does anyone have any words that can give me any encouragement?  :crying:

Hi Fran,

If you read my progress thread (link in my sig line), I went through exactly the same thing last spring. I was diagnosed with drug-induced lupus (DILE), which can be confirmed by labs. It's very rare and you can read more about it in the link I added to my progress thread.

I've been okay on doxy, though I don't think it's as effective for me and so my doc is working with me on finding an optimal combination antibiotic approach. Mind you, I also have Lyme, which calls for combinations.

If you want to talk more, Fran, feel free to PM me and I'll send you my phone number for a chat.

Peace, Maz

Fran
    Participant

Maz-  Your experience sounds exactly like what I am going through!  After what I've experienced last night and today, there's no way I'm ever re-introducing this again.  I have never been so sick in my entire life.  I am counting the hours in the hopes that in 48 hours it leaves my body!  (currently at 22 hours and counting!)  I was perfectly fine yesterday and 4 hours after taking that 25 mg of mino, I just felt it “move in” and as each hour pasted I got sicker and sicker.  I'm still running a fever today of about 100.4.

Did yours hit so quick?  Did it really leave after 48 hours because I am envisioning this never ending and I'm getting really scared, especially since I was just fine yesterday.  I did call Dr. S but got his voicemail.

What did you do to alleviate some of it so you could function?  My 4 kids are home today cuz there's no school and basically I can hardly walk or lift my arms.  This is not how I wanted to spend our day off!  IS there anything I can do to help this leave my system any faster?  So far today, I've drank a lot of detox dandelion tea, water, lemon/olive oil, soaked my feet in peroxide and epsom salts (cuz I can't get my whole body in the tub) and I've taken ibuprofen (which has done absolutely nothing for the pain).  This is just really frightening!

Thanks for all your help and insight.  It does help me not get so panicky that this will never leave. 

Maz
    Keymaster

Fran, have PM'd you with my phone # to chat further, if you'd like. 😉

Peace, Maz

pattyrod
    Participant

I had a severe reaction to mino as well.  I was actually hospitalized for 2 weeks.  Long story short, the only thing that helped me was prednisone.  I felt horrible for about 2.5 – 3 months.  My sed rate got to 120.  If you're not feeling better, you might consider asking your doctor for prescription of about 20mg of prednisone.  I know this is high, but if you can take it for short time, it will knock out the reaction you are having.  I had to take 60mg, which is horrible, but I felt great the next day and was ready to conquer the world.  I suffered all the side effects, but it's the only thing that will help.

Best wishes,

Patty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Help! Tried to re-introduce mino’ is closed to new replies.