Home Forums General Discussion hello from australia

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

BTW Robyn
    What you describe sounds remarkably like Palindromic Rheumatism/Palindromic RA – which is what I have. It comes and goes, attacks are excruciatingly painful and it generally causes no joint degeneration.  You can read my story on testimonials to see if it rings some bells. There's also palindromic.org which you can check out (though folks over there generally seem to be on the pretty harsh drugs and not much into AP).

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

jude19484
    Participant

Hi Robyn, I joined this forum because my husband has some sort of spondy arthritis and we have been feeling very alone in all of this . After several visits to rheumatologists in Warrnambool and Melbourne we decided to do our own research and just touch base with the local gp occasionally. So far, Bernard , my husband has managed on celebrex and the occasional painkiller. The next step will be antibiotic therapy we think. Lyn in Sydney has been a great help. 

There are so many kind and supportive people here, it's a wonderful resource. I feel that it's the kind of forum where simple questions can be asked  even if you feel a bit silly doing so!!  And someone will always try to help.

I'm down in Portland near the SA border and will send you a personal message over the weekend.

Hang around, this forum is like a breath of fresh air!!!

All the best, Jude

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

This is Beth from Brisbane in Australia.  I came across the RBF about 8 months ago when I was having problems and was told I could be suffering RA.  My symptoms were up and down for a few weeks but have been minimal for the last couple of months so I haven't pursued seeing a AP doctor in Brisbane.  This week however my dad has been told he has spinal arthritis which I believe from reading the board is the same as Ankylosing Spondylitus.  He has been suffering from back pain for a while now but put it down to simply getting old (he is 75).  Apart from back pain he is in pretty good shape and he and my mum are always doing something,  they never just sit at home.  His back was quite painful this week so went to his local doctor who told him he has arthritis in the spine and that his arthritis would just gradually get worse.  He and my mum were both feeling quite low this week.  In other words the doctor more or less said nothing we can do, take some pain killers and expect it to get worse.  At his age could he expect to see significant improvement by using Antibiotic Therapy?  Can anyone recommend through personal experience, a doctor, he could go see in Brisbane?

Thanks,

Beth

Anonymous
    Participant

I should have joined this forum years ago, dont know why I didnt

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Beth
    Please PM me your email address and I will forward the latest AP docs list that I have – which includes Queensland. Lyn

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

John McDonald
    Participant

Beth – I got significant relief from RA in about 8 months on AP, and felt pretty good by about 14 months. But in the first 8 months I felt worse, which is typical for AP. Everybody's mileage differs, but generally it is a year long more or less sort of venture to get some lasting good from AP. Dr. Brown thought it took a little less time for men, a little more time for women. Ask pop how he feels about that sort of investment. I bet he goes for it.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for the message.  I did send a reply earlier but I don't think it went through as an error msge came up on screen.  I think he will be up for the challenge even if it does take up to 12 months.  He doesn't feel to good at the moment.  I will be seeing him later today so will pass on your info.  Will post updates as we go through the process.

Beth

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ hello from australia’ is closed to new replies.