Home Forums General Discussion Heigtened Tissue Sensitization . . .any thoughts????

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gratefulgirl
    Participant

I’ve been experiencing heightened tissue sensitization this past week. Although was able to walk many NYC blocks yesterday with mild level of discomfort, I realized I was always thinking of when my next xtra strength tylenol dose was due. I just read in the forum article on QOD recommendation of AB tx that anti-inflammatory meds are needed in order for AB to work best. And I put 2+2 together . . . Because of minor surgery last Wed, I was required to change from NSAID (Relafen BID) to xstylenol 2 weeks prior & 1 week after surgery. I’d just been questioning whether I needed to go back to QOD AB dosing d/t increased tissue sensitization & now believe it’s because I’ve been doing AB w/o the recommended anti-inflammatory meds. Tylenol is only a pain reliever & not an anti-inflammatory. OMG!

I think I will stop the AB therapy until Wednesday, when I can resume Relafen use. I may need to give the Relafen a couple of days to kick in, too. I’ve also not been able to do any coffee enema’s d/t needing to keep my head elevated, so that detox relief has not happened :(.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Does anyone think I would have been better off going back on low does Prednisone while continuing AB protocol during this preop/ postop time? Should I go ahead & do 2.5 mg Pred until I can start Relafen. My surgeon said Pred was OK.

Another question: I had good results on BID daily dose of 50 mg Minocycline/ Relafen BID prior to the surgery. Has anyone else had good results on a daily AB dosing sched, too? Would love to hear the argument about QOD dosing, as well.

Thanks! GG

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.