Home Forums General Discussion Heavy Metal (and Lyme?) Test

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    louris
    Participant

I recently consulted with a new doctor hoping to gain more insight into some of my “oddball” symptoms and to hopefully get some relief.  One test he wants to run is a MELISA test.  It is a test that is supposed to reveal allergies to metals among other things.  One condition it claims to reveal is lyme.  I still haven't effectively ruled lyme out as a possible trigger or ongoing infection.  The test seems pretty comprehensive.  It is also pretty expensive.  Before I go ahead with it, has anyone had experience with this test?  Has anyone found it to be a useful indicator in detecting the prescense of lyme?  Thanks.  

http://www.melisatest.com/

Patti D
    Participant

Thank you Louris for sharing that information.
    I don't know anything about the Melisa test but it sounds very good.

Perhaps Maz has heard of this??

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Perhaps Maz has heard of this??

Hi Patti,

No, very sorry, but I haven't heard of this test before. :doh: 

According to the website, their labs are located worldwide (see under their “Contact Us” link), which is interesting if Louris's doc is using this as a Lyme test. There are about 100 strains of Lyme in the US and 300 worldwide, so it might be a little unusual to use a test normally used in other countries for Lyme. I couldn't find anything to say that the test was country specific (i.e. testing for strains specific to particular countries), though it does seem geared to picking up particular strains of Lyme. It could be that this test actually covers more strains of Lyme, which would be good, if so. If it misses the more common US strains, however, it might be moot. Just don't know enough about it to say, unfortunately.

It might be that Louris's doc wants to use it primarily for toxic metal poisoning (?), which would make sense if he believes this is the cause of Louris's (as described) “oddball” symptoms.

Hopefully someone on the discussion forum will have heard of the MELISA and can provide more info about it for Louris.

Rosemary in Australia – if you're reading this, thought you might be interested to know that this particular test has labs in Australia for Lyme testing. I remember you asking about this a while back. 😉 

Peace, Maz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Heavy Metal (and Lyme?) Test’ is closed to new replies.