Home Forums General Discussion Headed to Lufkin, TX

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

So wonderful to hear from you, Gay, and learn you just keep getting stronger each day.  You deserve every happiness and I'm sure your husband knows he's one lucky guy!  Congratulations.

Hugs…..kim

linda
    Participant

Well Congratulations Gay!!! Does he have a brother?;)

GayG
    Participant

Ha! No brothers unfortunately…..I just can't believe all of this has happened….there is a plan to all of this I'm convinced….Jordan has a seminary background and was a minister years ago before he got a divorce….being a missionary Baptist in Louisiana at the time, they didn't allow for that so he had to stop preaching……SO, we're waiting for what God might have in store for us now as a couple….I didn't plan on this being how this would turn out but life is full of surprises and boy am I surprised since I had told God absolutely never again would I date or get married again especially after being so sick…….as soon as I get the pics back I'll send a link to those…..we didn't have professional photographer, just everyone using their cameras so I'll post those when I get them……It's wonderful to hear from you….How have you been?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Oh Gay – I am so very happy for you. What a wonderful post. I hope you and he have a long and deliciously happy life together. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

GayG
    Participant

Thank you!!!! SO nice to hear from you…How have you been doing?

GayG
    Participant

Thank you so much….I'm pretty happy to have found this great guy who also loves God.  He's been educated about this illness and goes to my support group with me…..he tells me it's fine, I don't care if you turn purple and your legs fall off I'm here to stay so what can you say to that?…….I don't really know if I fully understand how all of this has happened, being deathly ill, to getting a LOT better, to getting married, my gosh how strange….it's like I've been pulled along with no control, but with a much better outcome than I expected…..Love, Gay

Parisa
    Participant

Gay,

Your post made my day.  So nice to hear you are doing well not only physically but that you are embracing life.  Best wishes!

linda
    Participant

How about a cousin?… second cousin? He sounds wonderful, and you deserve this happiness. He must be special, because it takes special people to love and understand those of us with chronic health problems.

GayG
    Participant

How funny….I think there is a cousin but he's in Louisiana!…Yes, it does take a special person to walk into this with their eyes open……..after I started getting better I had joined a new Sunday School class after being out of church for a while because I was too sick to get anywhere in the mornings (which were my hardest times)…I was sort of tricked into this by being asked ..”there's a group of us that go dancing on Friday's would you like to join us”…well the group turned out to be just Jordan……after being in a prior relationship for two years that was absolutely awful and stressful (my family blamed him for my getting sick but, who knows) and then getting so sick like I was…..I was determined and my mind was made up that I would never date again and I would absolutely never get married again.  I was initially so sick and dibilitaded that my x-husband had to move next door to where I live to take care of me and our son, I thought “who in their right mind anyway would want to walk into that situation?”  But, I started to get better which initially we weren't sure was going to happen……pretty soon after we started dating I had some real reservations about all of it…..I thought well if he isn't in this for the right reasons I'll find out once he goes to my scleroderma support group with me.  Not everyone there is willing to take AP therapy so they are in various stages of their illness…..that didn't phase him at all….he sort of jumped on the AP bandwagon and became quite outspoken about it.  I kept telling him “keep looking at Bill H. over there he's the only other person in this room that's on AP therapy, he's in remission and that's where I'm headed”…….Life is such a very hard and wonderful bumpy ride….Love and healing, Gay

linda
    Participant

What a great way to ask for a date, too cute. I feel the same way about dating, who would willingly enter into a relationship with someone who is chronically ill? It's different if you're married or in a committed relationship and the partner develops an illness… “in sickness and in health” isn't in the vows for giggles, but hopefully the relationship has had time to grow strong enough for both parties to handle the stresses. Even then, it often becomes too much and the healthy partner leaves, so why should I expect anyone to begin a relationship with that added stressor? You're an inspiration for both AP and dating, as is your new hubby. Btw, Joe M and all of the other partners who visit here offering support or looking for answers for their partners who are ill, if you've been following this thread, I hope you realize how special you all are, too!

linda
    Participant

Okay, guys, I've called Dr. K's office twice in the last 2 weeks and got the voice mail both times. I left messages with my name and phone and briefly, (I know, hard to believe with me)but really, briefly described my illness and that I wanted to try the IV abx. Still waiting. How long does it take for her office to call back, and then what am I looking at for an actual appt date?

Kim
    Participant

Linda, I have no idea why you haven't been able to get through to Dr. K's office.  My sister said when she went, the office staff was very kind and efficient.  She went about 6 months ago and I think at that time Dr. K was booked out about 6 wks.  Her first appt. was a 2-day appt., but she didn't have the IVs.

Good luck.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

don't call between 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm they are out of the office, and on Wednesday they close early. Sometimes They answer your e-mail and other times not. Now I don't know why that is. One time I send an e-mail Sunday evening thinking the doctor would have it Monday morning and she answered it that evening.

I usually call after 8:30 am and never have a problem. I have been seeing Dr. K for a year now and really like her. The first time you meet her you wouldn't think she was the doctor. My daughter and son-in-law also go to her.

I had my first appointment within two weeks. expect two hours in the office. They take your life history. Make sure you know all the illnesses you had, bring meds etc.

Eva:roll-laugh:

Eva Holloway

linda
    Participant

I finally got thru to Dr.K and have an appt next week, I can't wait…I think. I get little panic attacks when I think about the herxes from Iv abx and the possibility of infection because of the Enbrel. My father thinks this is a waste of time and money, but then again, he also thinks that if I would just exercise more I would get better. The 5.5 hour drive is quite daunting as well. I'm definitely going to keep the appt, just a little anxious about how I'm going to handle it all. Oi.:? No chance of weaning off the Enbrel right now, I'm still working on the prednisone.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Linda,

you will do fine. San Antonio is a long way off from Lufkn, but it will be worth it. I only drive about two hours from Houston. Be prepared for an initial 2 hour session with the nurse and doctor. Lots of questions. Make sure you bring all your meds and write down all the supplements you take. What illnesses you had in the past, specially the infectoius one like sinus, bronchitis, pneumonia, problem with your food, they will go over all of that. I wrote four pages so I had a lot down. She asked me if I ever broke a bone and I looked at her real dumb and she said I guess not. On the way home I told my daughter I had broken both of my heels and why could I not remember that in the office? LOL:):X.

Take care, drive carefully and get well.

Eva

Eva Holloway

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘ Headed to Lufkin, TX’ is closed to new replies.