Home Forums General Discussion Have you ever viewed a before/after xray of your joints affected by RA?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    anewday
    Participant

My dh has had inflammation in one wrist for a year now. He had an xray when it  began and there was no noticible damage at that time. At his request, he had another yesterday and was able to come home with a CD of both.

Without having gotten the official results read to us, the second one looks quite bad – the bones that sit behind the palm of the hand all look fused together.

We're hoping he can regain some mobility again on AP treatment, but obviously time will tell.

The disturbing thing is that his RA doc never even looked at his wrist yesterday or felt the need to order the xray without my dh's asking for it.

Several tests have been ordered by the “former AP” doc he saw last week, but his regular RA doc won't discuss the results with him, even though she had to order it FOR the “former AP” doc (is this thoroughly confusing yet?) so we could have insurance cover it.

So now we are in a pickle since we want the test results read to us (mycoplasma, Lyme, etc.) but have to go back to the “former AP” doc and spend $100 more to do it – and we've already decided he is not the doc we can seek AP care from….

Yikes – if you stuck with this rambling post till now, you deserve lots of chocolate! 🙂

Signed,
    Rambling Wife of Dear Hubby with RA

mkjuz
    Participant

here's one, how about taking the xray then the doc saying he cant tell because the new one is on a cd and the old one is on film!  what do we pay these doctors for?  he told me i would need to have surgery on my wrist, but how does he know for sure when he isnt reading the xrays??  I feel your pain….keep looking for a new doctor, there is someone out there that will take care of your hubby! send a message for a list of doctors and see if there isnt someone nearby.

A Friend
    Participant

ANewDay,

Have you read the post on Niacinamide deficiency and damage to joints, which also tells about the healing aspects of it?  It may seem benign, but this deficiency has had some profound effects in some major diagnoses, and its addition has resulted in some major improvement.  Definitely worth a read. 

A search in the above little white window using “Niacinamide” should locate the post. 

AF

PS  Forgot to “re-mention” that niacinamide (B-3) deficiency has also been shown to be implicated in mental functioning problems.  When we add Niacinamide to our protocols, have read we need to be taking a complete spectrum of B-complex either in a multi-vitamin or a B-complex supplement (sub-lingual form of B-complex may be most absorbable of these two).   

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Have you ever viewed a before/after xray of your joints affected by RA?’ is closed to new replies.