Home Forums General Discussion Have To Be Off Antibiotics for a Week (SD) – Very Nervous

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mumof3
    Participant

My gastroenterologist would like me to do a Hydrogen Breath Test for suspected dysbyosis (possibly bacterial). When I was reading the instructions for the test, I discovered that I have to be off all antibiotics for a full week before the test. This would mean that I would miss my once a week booster IV and my twice daily mino. for a full week. I am extremely nervous to do this. Has anyone with SD done this before? I'm just not sure what to expect. Thanks for your input.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Mum,

It's really a good thing that your doc is checking you out for dysbiosis, which can result in leaky gut and all kinds of other problems. A week off of your AP shouldn't affect your longterm outcome much at all and lots of folk have to take breaks for surgeries and whatnot and resume where they left off just fine. In the meantime, be sure to keep up your probiotic intake if it's not contraindicated for the test, as dysbioisis is all about gut fauna/flora imbalance. 😉

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Have To Be Off Antibiotics for a Week (SD) – Very Nervous’ is closed to new replies.