Home Forums General Discussion Harmful Effects of Imbalanced pH on Body Systems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

Edit: The link below with Alternative Health Shoppe is no longer working. Luckily, I was able to find Dr. Cowden’s paper again, and am pasting a current link where it can be read. Hope the paper does not go away again, for it certainly gives us a “big picture” of the importance of pH on our body’s systems. http://myplace.frontier.com/~felipe2/id9.html

http://www.alternativehealthshoppe.com/page/page/1554145.htm [This is the previous link, and is no longer active.]

The Harmful Effects of an Imbalanced pH on the Body Systems
    by a noted lyme researcher — Dr. C shared specifics on how pH imbalances can affect every body system in his address to Convention attendees in Minneapolis some years ago. This is something that all of us can benefit from reading. Be sure to read Dr. C

Krys
    Participant

What a fabulous find! Clear, comprehensive. And, unfortunately, it applies. Quite scary when one reads how it affects all the systems within the body. I’ll be re-reading it many times.
    Thank you so very much for bringing it to our attention, AF!!!
    Many warm wishes, Krys

Joe M
    Participant

Yes, great find! And after we finish reading the “article”, we can shop in their on-line store and spend tons of money!

Krys
    Participant

@Joe M wrote:

Yes, great find! And after we finish reading the “article”, we can shop in their on-line store and spend tons of money!

Joe, I immensely appreciate this forum and it’s positive impact on my healing journey. I don’t have the time, and maybe the intellectual capacity, to find the best methods that would help me. The wonderful members and volunteers on this forum do such amazing sharing, guiding, uplifting, encouraging, pouring love and support.
    I think that is the reason that you yourself are attracted to visiting RBF, even though you are not on AP, you do not support it, you do not have a single kind word to say about it. Two months ago I took time to read many of your past comments. How immensely sad they made me feel. And that is a very delicate way to put it. I am speaking of myeslf only now: I have never noticed sarcasm, derision, down putting remarks to help me generate energy to keep going. They do take away energy from healing. They act like a poisonous venom that strikes the heart and makes it contract in spasms, quite as if I was potently attacked by some very un-benign force. I am very deeply and very negatively impacted by your posts even though I was never personally attacked by you. You seem to have singled out the most outstanding posters. You consistently attack some of those who pour very positive energy, effort, hours of research to help people like me.
    Very obviously, you ARE attracted to the wonderful energy here, you keep coming and posting. Often venomous comments, but post you do.
    I conclude that that is your way to attract attention. If coming here has a positive effect on you, as your consistent returning to the forum suggests, can you please write your posts and before hitting “SUBMIT” button analyze them really closely: how do they contribute to the healing supportive energy this forum represents? Can you check how supportive, how helpful, how uplifting you are, how what you write will impact those who search for ways to heal chronic disease? I’m positive that once you start checking what you write and do it objectively, we shall see many really wonderful posts from you in the future.
    And if all it contributes is the energy that takes away from someone’s healing, maybe it is better NOT to hit “SUBMIT” button?
    If my explanation is not convincing, can you please imagine being very sick yourself and being surrounded by 1 million Joe. M.s, and not a single person with a different approach? Then imagine being surrounded by people like the ones you keep hitting on, can you see what a huge difference it would make? I hope and pray I will see some amazing and wonderful posts from you that will be in the nature of pure blessing. May you succeed in healing everything that needs healing.
    Warm wishes, Krys

Valsmum
    Participant

Thanks for the post A friend.
    Take care,
    Sheri

kolby
    Participant

Thanks for the post A Friend. I’ve added it to my favorites as I try as hard as I can to adhere to the Blood Type Diet.

Much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚ ,

Jen

Trudi
    Participant

@Krys wrote:

Joe, I immensely appreciate this forum and it’s positive impact on my healing journey.

Hi Krys–
    What a wonderful response!!

Joe–
    You’ve been posting for at least as long as I have–summer of ’08. I used to enjoy reading your posts because they were informative, well-thought out and based on facts not scarcasm and put-downs. I really don’t know what has happened to you, but must admit I am saddened by it.

There are very expensive treatment plans out there. My primary recently told me of a Lyme patient (not hers) who spent $750,000 over a period of 10 years ๐Ÿ˜ฏ . He is in his early 30’s–the son of wealthy parents. This website contributes to the experience and efficacy treatments have had on individuals. Allowing thoughtful consideration on how monies will be spent in our quest for returned health without going into bankruptcy.

Hope your wife continues to do well on her chosen treatment plan–
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Ruffian-

I had not heard of alkaline water. I wonder if there is a way to make it yourself.

Jan

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Jan,
    there is a machine you can buy, little pricy ๐Ÿ˜ฎ , but it works. My mother-in-law has one and she uses it a lot. I don’t know where she bought it.
    Eva ๐Ÿ™‚

Eva Holloway

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Thanks Eva.
    I did some research. Machines are pricey but New Cell has an Ionizer Stick http://www.newcelldetox.com available at amazon. Wonder how well it works.

Saw the book Acid-Alkaline Food Guide by Susan Brown. Has anyone seen it?

Jan

Michele
    Participant

I’ve been a poster on this board for a few years, though not often now because I’m back to a busy life…but I stop in because there are wonderful people here and it has an energy of optimism and research based information. We all learn from our own life journey and MANY of the posts of AF have been absolutely right. Strikingly so.

Chronic disease often has more than “one straw that breaks the camel’s back.” My Rheumatologist / Lyme doc has me do many of the procedures that AF has pointed out on this board. Initially, I will have thought it was too alternative but upon trying things out of desperation to get relief from pain, alternative things have worked. Detox is a huge piece and there are many effective ways to detox. AF mentioned coffee enemas a long time ago. By golly, that’s what started decreasing my pain!!! Next was a liver flush…again decrease in pain. I just tried an ionic foot bath last week.

As my doc peels back the layers of triggers to my condition, the most recent one is uric acid that produces crystal arthritis. It is similar to gout. She put me on a medicine called Colchicine and within 5 days my arthritis pain eased up a lot! So, anyone with gout knows that they can help their symptoms by eating more alkaline food. It hasn’t been that long since I started the medicine, so I’m hoping these initial great results stick around! I don’t want to jinx this good stretch! But, I’d like to chime in here and validate through personal experience that the acid / alkaline balance is certainly important to me.

What puzzles me, is that I’ve had these crystal arthritis symptoms from the very beginning and of all the doctors I consulted no one figured this basic illness out. So you all know, it feels like sharp burning shards of glass are poking around in the joints. (ie. ankles, knees, hips, elbows, shoulders) Sigh. It’s another straw on my camels back…I wonder how many are left to uncover. Today was my first IV Chelation for heavy metals. If anyone has experience to share on doing these, I’d appreciate it.

If anyone has had problems with viral cankor sores or cold sores, my doc has an IV that will decrease the viral load. I think it’s debulking other lyme coinfections, too.

I’m glad to see AF posting here! Joe! You fill the role of the “devils advocate” by sharing your explanations of mainstream rheumatology. Both of these kinds of posts led credibility to this forum for me because I felt like people were openly discussing the options…and I wanted to know my options…all of them! When I was in disabling pain, I certainly wanted to know a lot more about Embrel and Humira. I very much appreciated Joe’s input at that point. So, I hope Joe sticks around to share his viewpoint as an option with out belittling others input. Each of us has to determine how we choose to move forward out of a horribly complex, frightening, painful, demoralizing situation.

Now to find an alkalinizing snack before bed! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Michele

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Michele-

Hope you found an alkalizing snack, apple?

Jan

steelers
    Participant

Michelle – fellow lymie here as of January – I’m being treated for the illness with IV bags – with success – I have been sick for 6 years and was wrongly diagnosed with Reactive Arthritis and other illnesses. The clinic that I’m being treated in specializes in lyme and I have talked to many people who have been brought back to health with Vitamin C – Hydrogen Peroxide and Hydrochloric Acid to name a few things. It is also working for me. This treatment is similar to chelation only the bags are regimented to treat lyme and its con-infections. I say move forward and get off the antibiotics – I know too many people now brought back to health not using any drugs. Love to talk to you more.

Greg

Michele
    Participant

Jan, thanks for the snack idea. Unfortunately too often I crave popcorn for a snack. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But sometimes apples with almond butter will do.

Greg, It’s good to hear of your successful treatment for lyme. It would be very interesting to share information with you about your clinic. Vitamin C is part of my treatment. I very much appreciate hearing that you know “too many people brought back to health not using any drugs.” That’s amazing and encouraging. And without using drugs? How?

Michele

Trudi
    Participant

@Michele wrote:

Jan, thanks for the snack idea. Unfortunately too often I crave popcorn for a snack.

Hi Michele–
    Interesting your craving for popcorn. A little more than a year ago I ate popcorn on a daily basis. I had such a desire for it. During that time, my rash finally faded away (there’s just a tiny bit of residue showing something had been there) and my Lyme numbers dropped considerably. I don’t have nearly the craving for popcorn now, although I have been having a bit at night as a snack. I do feel better for eating it. I gave credit to the oxalic acid in popcorn.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.