Home Forums General Discussion hands

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lindalou
    Participant

Hi everyone, I don'tknow if all of the above is tied in with raynauds or a separate issue. I was diagnosed with scleroderma five years ago. I have been on minocin ever since. I have had great results, except for my hands. They are still contracted and I still have the raynauds pretty bad. I'm wondering if my nail spliting,  skin cracking is tied into raynauds or calcifactions, as my rhumi seems to think I have. Please give me some feedback. Also someone did mention the skin cracking could be fungus. Could fungus be a problem on minocin? My rhumi wants me to take diltiazem for calcium deposits.                  

Thank You, Linda

sierrra
    Participant

I hope you are taking a daily probiotic to replace the good bacteria in the gut that is killed my minocycline. Yeast/fungal issues can indeed be a problem while on this medication.

Sierra

Conniel7777
    Participant

Hi,

I dont know the answer to your question, but I can share my experience:

I have Raynauds pretty bad. not as bad as some, meaning I have never had finger ulcers.. When I say the Raynauds is bad, I mean its very reactive: it acts up in the frozen food section of the grocery store, I get it in my fingers, toes and tongue, etc.

I get the cracks in the finger skin, but only in the cold weather, not at all in the summer. I have weak, brittle nails that split and crack. I do not have any calcium deposit problems, nor do I have any contractures, only “sausage fingers” and stiffness / swelling.

Hope this helps!

Connie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ hands’ is closed to new replies.