Home Forums General Discussion Greetings from Devie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Devie
    Participant

Hi everybody.  I have not been in touch because I have been dealing with a few too many life issues.  Selling my house, or at least trying to, going back to work more than full time, getting through a nasty break up and just returning from vacationing which included running through airports and walking miles in NYC.

My RA seems to have stabilized.  I experience occasional stiffness and pain but it is tolerable.  I do take motrin but not as much as previously.  I have not changed my mino regime and sometimes wonder if it is time to ramp it up a little.  

I am already doing so much better.  But I dont want to stop here.  I want to be able to jog again.

I hope you are all well.  I am so thankful for all of you and now that I am home, I will keep in touch more.

Devie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Devie,

Welcome back and so glad to hear you're all settled in your new place and had a nice vacation! The best news of all is hearing how well you are doing on AP! YAY for you!!! Hope everything is okay now with your thyroid and all that is balanced out again for you.

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Devie – great news about your progress. However, remember, this is a slooooow road to wellness, not a quick fix. And more is not necessarily better. Sometimes the reverse.While you are seeing progress, I'd stick with it. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Devie
    Participant

Oh Maz I wish I was settled in my new place.  My current house is not selling at the time we thought it would.  In fact I have no clue where my new place will be until I know what this house will sell for.  It is very nerve warcking to be at work, get a cal that there is a showing and have to dash home, spruce up the house, get the doggie and leave for a while.  whew!

I am holding on the AP.  So you think I should just hang with the 1 pill M, W &F?  Stay the course, so to speak?

Thanks again

Devie

Goodwife
    Participant

Devie,

I agree with Lynnie – improvements are usually slow and gradual – as long as you are seeing improvements I would probably continue doing what you are doing for now.  But you are the best judge of your own situation.  Good luck!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=302]Devie[/user] wrote:

I am holding on the AP.  So you think I should just hang with the 1 pill M, W &F?  Stay the course, so to speak?

Lynnie's advice is great and, if it's working, best to stick with it, as Goodwife suggests. Playing with your dose could easily disrupt the nice balance you've found and, though you've moved on, you're still dealing with some stress with the house sale. If you find you hit a plateau or suddenly worsen at some point, that's when you might want to look deeper to figure out what's going on and how you might need to change things up a bit.

Good luck with the house showing! I hope you get it off your hands very soon!!! I've moved house so many times in my life…sometimes the sale is fast and sometimes slow, but it's rarely a breeze. Ugh. You're past the worst bit, though…just physically getting moved out…so that must be a relief. 

Peace, Maz

Devie
    Participant

No sweetie- you keep misunderstanding me- the house has not sold yet- we have not moved- we dont know where we will be moving too.  I have begun  to pack though….

Maz
    Keymaster

Ach…sorry about that, Devie. My eyes play tricks on me sometimes. :roll-laugh: Must be going nuts or something.  I think I need to take a break from the pc and do something to clear the cobwebs! It's been raining very heavily here the past two days and the sun is just starting to emerge. Time to get some nice fresh air…

Peace, Maz

PS Yup…so many typos in this short message, I had to edit it!

Patti D
    Participant

Hey Devie,

I can relate to the house selling. Mine has been on & off of the market for 1 & 1/2 years:( I too have been in your situation that the broker has a showing, I am at work and need to come home and get rid of the 2 dogs for that half an hour. We have decided to take it off the market this weekend . Too much stress about always having a perfectly clean house! Stress is hard on the joints too!! I think people are in quite a funk right now with the election coming as well as the bad economy. Good luck with the house selling and glad to hear you are feeling well>

Happy days!

Patti

Devie
    Participant

Thank you.  I am also the admin asst in a K8 school and am responsible for opening it.  And my bf & I broke up so my main support system is gone.

Okay this is supposed to be about RA and I am doing a vent about life in general- apologies!  But yeah, the house selling sucks- major stress!  And living in the shell of a house with hardly any personal items feesl yucky.

But the RA is stabilizing and I am functioning well and I thank God every day for that!

Patti D
    Participant

Devie

No worries, vent away:D remember venting might just starve off joint pain. Try to focus on all of the good stuff in your life as I am sure there is lots of that too:) My house has looked like a hotel lobby for over a year, no personal stuff at all. Less to dust, I now say. We let go of our builder for our new house which was a blessing and we wouldn't have known this had we sold right away. Looks like he owes bigtime to the feds so had we sold right away, we may be sitting with a house where no subs are getting paid. Ah, the bright side right! About the break up, so sorry!! That too is so stressful. Hopefully you have family/close friends who can fill the void temporarily. There is always this board:D At lease the little ones at school aren't creating havoc for you. Kind of a nice break right.  Wishing you Devie a stress free weekend:cool:

Patti

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Greetings from Devie’ is closed to new replies.