Home Forums General Discussion green-lipped mussel and RA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jaydee
    Participant

Someone here must have some experience with the green lipped mussel for RA as this has been around for a while and some say it really works.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Jaydee,

I have never heard of such a thing.  Would you please provide some research?

Susan

Lizz
    Participant

Hi- it's called lyprinol – some say it's as powerful as some NSAIDS – it's touted in Dr. Sherry Roger's books. I started taking it about 3 weeks ago and can't report back yet, BUT… I have been feeling alot better lately. All the best to you!:cool:

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Green Lipped Mussel is the main ingredient in a supplement that Dr. F in Riverside frequently recommends.  My bottle says that it contains 1,000mg.  Also, I believe that you will get some hits if you use the search function of this and the old RBFBB.

Cheryl Ferguson

richie
    Participant

Hi
    The best way to take Green Lipped Mussels are —in black bean sauce Chinese Style –or Mussels in Clam Sauce -Italian Style or cold in a salad –taking it in this manner is definitely far more delectable than some plain old pill —:D
    Richie

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Well, it's for real then?  I honestly thought this person was poking fun at us.

I have a couple of Dr. Roger's books.  Perhaps I should finish reading them, yah?:?

richie
    Participant

Hi
    It looks like it really is for real –but it does seem to me just eating New Zealand mussels are just as good and more tastier
    Richie

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

I think the advantage of pill form would be the consistent daily opportunity to get some of this substance.  While there may be many tasty recipes for this delectable dish, I assume that no matter what, you wouldn't want to eat it daily. 

I have it, green lipped mussels in garlic, a good anti-inflamatory and a good anti-microbial. AP cuisine, YUM!

Cheryl

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi

All the info I can find for the product gren lipped mussel refers to osteoarthritis although it does claim to stop the inflammation.

In that case it should also be good for inflamatory arthritis too?

I may try it myself need to get something to calm ESR.

Giood luck

Rosemary

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ green-lipped mussel and RA’ is closed to new replies.