Home Forums General Discussion Great News about my progress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mschmidt
    Participant

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to share some great news about my progress thus far on AP.  I will get to posting my story soon but, I'm just so excited about what has transpired the last few days that I want to shout it from the rooftop!!

I just finished my 2nd round of Clindy IV's through home healthcare last week, and was herxing beyond belief…up until yesterday.  I was doing my normal stuff, only I noticed that I didn't hurt as much anymore.  I went to bite into a big piece of fruit, and didn't feel any tightness in my mouth…went to take laundry up the stairs, and didn't have to walk to the side, or grab the bar to help me up the stairs…which made me run down the stairs to look in the mirror, to see if I was imagining things–and I smiled, and could see 1 1/2 more teeth than normal.  I measured how wide I could open my mouth (and have been for 4 months now), and I went from 5.6cm, to 6cm!! My neck is loose, the skin on my chest, upper arms, forearms is loose (I can actually PINCH it between my fingers!!), and doesn't have any shiney texture to it AT ALL.  The terrible burning sensations I had on my inner thighs has disappeared…and I stopped taking my heartburn medication 11 days ago! (saw an NP, who gave me an candida cleanse tea, as well as told me to give up soy and decaf coffee for a while)

My knees still hurt, my fingers are still tight, (albeit not as tight as 2 mos ago) and I have slight contractures BUT, considering the fact that I just started Minocin Dec.13, 2008, and have had 3 total IV's since January of this year, I'm ECSTATIC that I've even made any progress at all!!  I was so bad off in November of last year that I honestly thought I was going to die.  This is the first time since November of 2007 that I have HOPE that I will beat this thing.  I know that I will continue to improve, and I know that I still have a long road ahead (will be addressing Lyme disease in May now) BUT, I have so much gratitute for the gains I've made thus far. 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to every single one of you for being my cheerleader, ear, inspiration, hope, and pillar of strength for the past 5 months.  I can't even bring myself to think about where I'd be had I not found this website, and listened to my rheumatologist.  I've been a puddle the last few days, and have broken down and cried because I can't believe that it's actually happening.  For the first time in over a year, I can look in the mirror, smile, and feel pretty again.  :roll-laugh:

Thanks for listening, and for all of your love and support.

Maria

Trudi
    Participant

Congratulations!!  Great news!!  Keep it going–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Noel
    Participant

Hi Maria

That?s fantastic news and wonderful to read about the positive effect it?s had on you. Thanks for sharing, I?m sure it will give many a lift to see someone doing so well, it certainly did me.

Best wishes

Noel

Kim
    Participant

Unbelievable, Maria!  Now, I'm really choked up.  You're one of the lucky few to see results that fast, most take a little longer.  I am so very happy for you.

Looking forward to your next update. 🙂

kim

Maz
    Keymaster

Maria, I'm choked up, too. What a fantastic post and thank you so much for this uplifting update. You're in my thoughts and know your realistic view, mixed with sheer dogged persistence, will be what brings your scleroderma into remisison. Keep on doing what you're doing – it's working!

Peace and a celebratory bear hug, Maz 😀

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Maria, I second (and third) Maz and Kim's response, you can feel the sheer joy in your words. Yes, that is a very fast response indeed. Thank you so much for sharing your great news. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Mumof3
    Participant

Maria – I am so glad to read this post. It is wonderful to see you getting such positive results so quickly. I am so happy for you. Your hard work and perseverance is definitely paying off. Congratulations!

Marie
    Participant

Way to persevere, Maria!  🙂  Enjoy the reards!

Marie

Marie
    Participant

er, rewards.  🙂

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Maria,

As a Mom with a child diagnosed with scleroderma, you have truly lifted my spirits. Congratulations.

Sue

Parisa
    Participant

What great news!

JBJBJB
    Participant

Maria,

This is an incredible news for all of us to cheer for you.

After I finish my semester in May, I am going to have my third IV. I am hoping to have major improvement like you.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.

JB

mschmidt
    Participant

Thank you everyone for such wonderful responses.  It hasn't been an easy road for any one of us here.  The common threads that bind us all together are the encouragement, support, love, and faith that no matter what, we will get through it.  In so many ways, all of you have become family to me, and I have received an un-ending stream of hope from every single person on this board.  Keep fighting because YOU WILL get better.  I'm no different than ANY one of you, and if I can get better, so can you. 

My only hope is that I inspire someone that has doubts about whether this works or not because I know personally, that it was the posts of strangers, talking about their “road back” that inspired me to decide that AP was the route to take in regaining my health.  You have all played a part in saving my life, and I will forever be in gratitude for that!

Continued success to everyone, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Maria

Thats what makes it all worthwhile.   Its so simple but not easy.  If you come across a problem ask.  Things happen sometimes that need attention or another abx.  Yes it think it is so sad we have to all get help on the net instead of where we are supposed to get the support we need especially with the fees changed these days for information that is not going to be the answer. I am so pleased you had the common sense to give it a go.  It saves lives every day.

orchid
    Participant

This is amazing….congrats on your progress! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Great News about my progress’ is closed to new replies.