Home Forums General Discussion Great News!!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jlc6166
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I am so incredibly happy!  I have been fighting scleroderma for several years now, although I have only been on AP for one year.  Last year I could barely walk. 

2 days ago I ran the Virginia Beach Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon!  I actually only finished 6 minutes slower than my PR of 2 years ago!  I am so incredibly excited.  Take that scleroderma, I WIN!

I hope this gives hope to you out there who are just starting treatment.  Before I became sick running was a huge part of my life.  As I got sicker I was not even able to walk.  I remember having to stop several times on the stairs in order to catch my breath so I could finish climbing them.  This is such a great accomplishment for me.  I can't wait to call my rheumy and tell her.  I am going to make a believer out of her yet! 

Take care and God Bless,

Jennifer

Hoping
    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Kim
    Participant

This is such great news, Jennifer, and nice to hear from you personally………you know your husband has been bragging on you. 😉

I guess it takes adversity to make us appreciate our health even more, especially when you've had to work so hard to reclaim it.  And isn't that the take-away lesson ~ IT'S HARD WORK, but can be done.  It's not easy figuring out what is going to work for us because there is no set formula for the masses.  The people that do the best on AP are those that are active participants in their care and not afraid to challenge their doctors if something is not working.  You, obviously, have done your homework.

Enjoy feeling good.

Take care…..kim

Maz
    Keymaster

Jennifer, this is so kind of you to pop by and share your AP success with us! Kim's right…your lovely hubby has been bragging on you!  :roll-laugh: My hubby is a marathon runner and I know what kind of training goes into this…you are utterly amazing!!!!!! I've never been a runner and couldn't even run a mile when I was fit and healthy, so hats off to you!

Please come back and keep us updated when you can. Stories like yours are like manna when newcomers arrive and there is nothing more inspirational than reading of another “real person's” success when just starting out!

Thank you! 😀

Peace, Maz

mkbeeliever
    Participant

This is wonderful news!  Thank you for sharing!  All of us need to read wonderful testimonials such as this!  I'm going to read it to my mom right now!

Blessings,
    Michelle

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

Thats incredible i'm so please for you. I was wondering you say you're on AP but did you have any IVs at all? I'm asking because I had 10 Ivs clindamycin then was allergic and can't have anymore  I take minos now I was on doxy for nearly 2 years but didn't help me any. It would be fantastic if the minocycline have got you this far.

Well done!

Rosemary

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Wow Jennifer that is such great news. What a result…..and what a result!!! Thank you for sharing, there are alot of folk on this Board who will get such great hope from your news. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Patti D
    Participant

Hey Jennifer

You rock!!!!! Thank you for sharing. We love good news>

Patti

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Michou,you are such a sweet daughter.I bet you mom is terribly proud of you  for all the work you have put in helping her.

Rosey,doxy never helped me at all and I did use it for over a year.Mino,and zith worked wonders.

Lynne

maz.aust
    Participant

What an accomplishment !!

I am really pleased for you Jennifer.  You are living proof 'it can be done'.

😀  😀  😀  😀  😀  😀 

😉

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Parisa
    Participant

I'm very happy for you.  Thank you for posting your story.  You never know whose life you will have positively affected by posting this.

Nickie_M
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Way to go!!  Your 'competition' was indeed stiff and stubborn, but you came out victorious!  Congratulations! 😀

Nickie

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

Michou,you are such a sweet daughter.I bet you mom is terribly proud of you  for all the work you have put in helping her.
                 Lynne

Thank you so much Lynne!  I try!  Bottom line is, if the tables were turned, she'd do the same for me. My mom is my heart!  I will never give up the fight for her.  I can't imagine any other way of acting.  My faith teaches me that this is what we are called to do…Matthew chapter 25.

Blessings,
    Michelle

Christina V
    Participant

Jennifer I am incredibly happy for you, this is really regaining YOUR life.  I can only imagine how wonderful that must feel.

By the way have you read Randy's latest post – it must be 'scleroderma week'!!!!!!!!

Between the two of you, I have received a real boost, so thank you for posting.  All the best as things continue to improve for you.  Kind thoughts, Christina

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ Great News!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.