Home Forums General Discussion Great grand mother remedy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

I had a long conversation with my Mom and my uncle about my Great grand mother, my grand mother and my mothe. They  hadr a very similar arthritis symptoms  history. Their symptoms are very similar with mine.  My Great grand mother never went to the doctors, so we are not sure about her diagnosis. Well, to make long story short, she used a remedy for the swelling and pain, my mom and my uncle told me the recipe (GGMother  is not with us any longer).

I did try that few times last week and it did work for me. So, I decided to share with you.

One small bottle of iodine and 30 tablets of Tylenol poweder or IB powder (crushed myself) mix, to create a cream/paste like substance.   I don?t know how safe it is, but she used that throughout her life, and nothing else, died at 92. My grand mother used that paste also, she died  at 95.

jaminhealth
    Participant

You do  mean the tincture iodine that is used topically, right?  Red Iodine was a major staple in our homes and I go back a long time. 

Our moms, grandmoms, etc. didn't go to docs..plain and simple.  Used otc stuff and home remedies.

I take a drop of  Liquid Iodine daily as a supplement for thyroid.  You don't mean that Iodine I gather.  jam

I read somewhere that some put red iodine on achy areas of their body so I don't know why it would be harmful.  Good info.   thanks…

Anna
    Participant

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

You do  mean the tincture iodine that is used topically, right?  Red Iodine was a major staple in our homes and I go back a long time. 

Our moms, grandmoms, etc. didn't go to docs..plain and simple.  Used otc stuff and home remedies.

I take a drop of  Liquid Iodine daily as a supplement for thyroid.  You don't mean that Iodine I gather.  jam

I read somewhere that some put red iodine on achy areas of their body so I don't know why it would be harmful.  Good info.   thanks…

Yes,  TOPICAL ONLY!!!!!! For the “achy” areas.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Everyone – the skin is an organ – in fact the largest organ in our body. What we put on our skin is absorbed into the body. Taking something this way means that it bypasses the gut and the liver – which means the liver doesnt break it down and this can help not to put extra strain on the liver. However, caution is advised with anything that's used topically, because it is absorbed into the body. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Great grand mother remedy’ is closed to new replies.