Home Forums General Discussion got parasites?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Seems I do.  A stool test came back positive for 2 types.  Reading up on them they seem fairly common.  They are supposed to cause diarrhea but I haven't had that symptom so far.

At first the doctor had me take one dose of Ivermetin and Alinia.  That produced lots of white sesame seed things.  Then she switched me to 3 other drugs.  Have you heard of these?

Xifaxan (rifaximin)

Biltricide (prazquantel)

Albenza (albendazole)

When does this “Alice in Medical Land” trip ever end?

Susan

Kim
    Participant

Y-U-C-K !!!!! :crying:

Roz
    Participant

Susan,

I think I could have them as well. But my stool test was neg- for parasites. If your up for it could you tell me the test you had done?

Much Love and Blessings, Roz

mschmidt
    Participant

Ohhh…the parasite talk again.  I ordered the Humaworm, and should be getting it next week.  I will let everyone know about my gorey details…I hope they don't include pulling a worm out of my nose (lol, Kim:D).  My biggest question is, am I supposed to do that while on antibiotics?  And if so, I'm guessing the same rule applies as with anything else…2 hours apart from taking the Minocin. 

Maria

Kim
    Participant

Thanks, Maria, for reminding me about the worm, and honestly, that wasn't the worst of it. :doh:

It is recommended that you take a break from abx to do the parasite cleanse because the abx will be ineffective during the cleanse.  That's why I've had an order of Humaworm in the freezer.  I just can't figure out how to schedule it in right now.

Yes, do let us know how it goes for you, Maria. :roll-laugh:

Take care…….kim

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Well, I passed a worm this morning, ugh.

Ros,  It was a stool test and the Parasitology Center, Inc in Scottsdale, AZ did the test.  They found:

Blastocystis hominis (parasite)

Cryptosporidium parvum (parasite – heavy presence)

Geotrichum (a fungal yeast)

My good bacteria level was poor.  So much for 4 yrs worth of probiotics.

Rifampin is all I have taken so far and it is an antibiotic specific to the gut.  It is used frequently for e-coli.  I think I read on another post that Maz took it for Bartonella.  I have had bart.

How could an antibiotic produce a worm?  The worm was dead.  Aren't worms parasites? 

I am happy to be removing one more burden off my immune system but I am also so grossed out by this.

Susan

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Rifampin is all I have taken so far and it is an antibiotic specific to the gut.  It is used frequently for e-coli.  I think I read on another post that Maz took it for Bartonella.  I have had bart.

How could an antibiotic produce a worm?  The worm was dead.  Aren't worms parasites? 

Hi Susan,

Yup, used Rifampin for bartonella. I think this abx was orginally developed for TB.

What do you mean, “How could an antibiotic produce a worm?” I don't get it…am I being blonde here? :roll-laugh: Believe me, it won't have been the first time!

Peace, Maz

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Well, first let me say I may be mixing drug names here.  I am actually taking Rifaximine.  Is that the same thing as Rifampin? 

I'm probably the one having the blonde moment.  I meant, how could an antibiotic (Rifaximine) kill a worm which I consider to be a parasite?  Or are some worms the product of bacterias?

Rifaximine is the drug used for e-coli.  It is an antibiotic that does not exit the gut very well so used specifically for gut bacterias. 

Susan

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Susan

Ivermetin, prazquantel, and albendazole are anthelmintics. In other words, they kill worms (though they may also kill other things in addition to worms).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

PhilC

Right now I am only on the Rifixamin.  Tomorrow I start Albendazole for 5 days then praziquantel for 5 days then take a break.

Susan

Roz
    Participant

Hi Susan,

I hope these lines find you doing well. Did you just send your stool samples to the lab?

I had my bowel testing done at Diagnostic Lab. they did find the Proteus infection, but that was it.

Was it this lad in Arizona you had your testing done? My LLMD is pretty open minded about different labs. What ever lab you used I would love to give it a go.

http://www.parasitetesting.com/door/

It's just wonderful they were able to pinpoint the infections for you.

Much Love, Roz

APbeliever
    Participant

When I had a colonscopy and stool test they found some kind of parasite also. It was done to rule out Crohn's disease since in the beginning of my RA, I had weeks of diarhea and other stomach issues. I woke up one day with RA (swollen red feet, hands and knees). I believe RA was due to the parasite, however, gastro said this parasite could have been there for a very long time.

PhilC
    Participant

I'm probably the one having the blonde moment.  I meant, how could an antibiotic (Rifaximine) kill a worm which I consider to be a parasite?  Or are some worms the product of bacterias?

Hi Susan,

The worm was probably killed by ivermectin.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Today is day 3 of Rifaximin and today I am feeling so sick.  Bad headache, achey, heavy sweats, ugh.  Gotta be the medicine, don't you think?

PhilC,  that makes sense except I took the Ivermectin one day only 1 1/2 weeks earlier.  Could it take that long to come out?

Roz,  that is the one.  Wow.  Pretty facility. 

Susan

Kim
    Participant

Today is day 3 of Rifaximin and today I am feeling so sick.  Bad headache, achey, heavy sweats, ugh.  Gotta be the medicine, don't you think?

Or, angry, dying parasites not happy to leave their host. :crying:  I had those same symptoms during my cleanse too…….ugh! :sick:

Hang in there, Susan, what you're going through is just miserable, to say the least.

Take care…..kim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ got parasites?’ is closed to new replies.