Home Forums General Discussion good blog post

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marie
    Participant

Does anyone else read this dr's blog?  His Feb 10 post, OK- It is not Lyme disease- does it matter?,  hits familiar themes…

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/

Marie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Marie,

Yes, have come across his blog a few times. I enjoy his dry sense of humor and it's clear he believes in what he's doing and gets his patients well with his persistence. 😀

I enjoyed dogdoc's comments about the anti-inflammatory and immune-modulatory effects of antibiotics from the first link above…it applies here to us all, too:

“The theory that it is the anti-inflammatory effects of the antibiotics that makes them better does not hold much water in these patients. They start out on heavy duty anti-inflammatories/immunosuppressives- steroids, nsaids, even methotrexate. They are sick on these. Antibiotics have mild anti-inflammatory and immune modifying properties in comparison to these other drugs. Yet they improve. There is no other explanation that makes any sense other than actual antibiotic effects. Does it matter WHAT you are treating? Maybe we should just give it a new name – then can we treat it without the witch hunt?”

Thanks for sharing!

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

I've also enjoyed this blog — when I think to look at it. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ good blog post’ is closed to new replies.