Home Forums General Discussion Gluten-free / update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    orchid
    Participant

I haven't been on here in awhile. I check in and read posts, though, from time to time. I just wanted to mention that for anyone on the fence about going gluten-free…just do it!

I officially went gluten-free in Oct/Nov '09 and haven't looked back. I've slipped up a few times, I'm sure, but on the whole – I avoid it like the plague. I think I may have an issue with dairy/cheeses as well — but not ALL cheeses/dairy do it to me, so still figuring that one out.

But, I'm basically pain free most of the time. Not 100% but most weeks I don't think about it anymore. It's pretty amazing.

Just wanted to mention it here since I know we're all looking for things that may help and it's not easy but it's really helped me. My husband went GF, too, and no longer gets knee pain and his joints/asthma is better.

I'm not saying gluten-free is THE answer, but it definitely can help in the journey. My doctor also feels it's possibly the cause of my thyroid disease. I have a follow-up with him soon, so just thought I'd mention it.

So, at least in my case, foods are definitely a trigger.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping your chins up! I'm still trying to stay positive and get my neck issue fixed — I still want to try mino at some point and kick those bugs out once and for all. I still get down and I miss my dad (who I lost last year) but we are so lucky to have forums like these to give us info and provide support when we need it.

Thanks!

Kim
    Participant

[user=515]orchid[/user] wrote

I officially went gluten-free in Oct/Nov '09 and haven't looked back. I've slipped up a few times, I'm sure, but on the whole – I avoid it like the plague. I think I may have an issue with dairy/cheeses as well — but not ALL cheeses/dairy do it to me, so still figuring that one out.

Hi orchid,

I have problems with dairy too, but can tolerate small amounts of goat cheese, which I love, so you might try that to get your cheese fix. 😉

Take care….kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Me too, Orchid. I actually tested as okay for Goat's Cheese (whole different protein make-up to cow's milk) and, like Kim, I love it. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Orchid,

I'm glad to hear going gluten free has helped you.  I know if I have gluten I can count on having a couple of sore finger joints a couple of days later. 

Lynnie and Kim beat me to the cheese question as it may be a difference of cow milk versus goat and sheep milk.

frhorngal
    Participant

for me it depends on the type of mold used in the culturing process. I find I tolerate raw cheeses better as well.

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

For those cheese addicts,and I am one,my doctor says that Swiss,Jarlsberg and Havarty are usually o.k. because of the way it is cultured.I have no problem with them.
             Lynne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Gluten-free / update’ is closed to new replies.