Home Forums General Discussion gluten-free bread

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello all who are gluten sensitive.

I found a bread that is gluten-soy-dairy+nut-free. It's called Udi's and the bread is soft looks just like regular bread. I bought two loaf and also a package of bagles. When I got home from the store I made myself a sandwich. Absolutly fantistic. So if you are looking for it I know they sell it at Whole Food Market right by the bakery. It is not frozen, so don't look in the frozen bread section. you don't have to toast it. whooyoo something nice to eat.:roll-laugh::dude:

They also have blueberry muffins, lemon-streusel muffins, cinnamon rolls (not soft, too heavy, still okay with a cup of coffe or tea) and various other items.

http://www.udisfood.com

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

mj47
    Participant

eva,

yes, i agree!  udi's is the best gf bread that i've found too!!  love the stuff.  and the lemon streusel muffins are delish!

~mj

APbeliever
    Participant

Thank you Eva for your info. I went to Sprouts one day and ran out of there after looking at gluten free bakery section. All the bread and bagels were just horrible and all frozen solid. Yuck!!! Microwave!! I threw away my microwave a very long time ago after I took a graduate level course in Microwave Engineering.

Peach73
    Participant

Thanks for posting this!  I may need it soon!  Right now..just eating fresh meats, veggies, and fruits.  I know I will want bread soon …thanks 🙂

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1212]APbeliever[/user] wrote:

I threw away my microwave a very long time ago…

Me, too!  🙂  My kids think I'm nuts–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

APbeliever
    Participant

Whole Foods in my area carries frozen Udi's bread. I was so disappointed. The cashier told me well all the gluten stuff is frozen anyways. Frozen bread no way. I bought some GF sourgham flour from there. Let's see how the bread turns out from it.

APbeliever
    Participant

Udi's bread was not in the frozen section but still it was really cold like it just came out of the freezer. It was in the bakery section.

mikana
    Participant

Went to their website and found that it can be ordered online. My husband is a big carb/bread eater and I will definitely try this one.

Thanks for the link Eva. Oh yeah, we see Dr. K on Monday.

Lana

pattyrod
    Participant

The Odough's gluten free Carrot Cake is fantastic!!  My gluten eating kids love it and I have to keep them away from it since it's a bit pricey.  I purchased it frozen at my local grocery store (HEB in Texas).

I agree that Udi's is the best bread.  Any recommendations on crackers??

Patty

ideamktg
    Keymaster

Ditto on the Udi bread. It's the best I have found also! I like the Nut Thin crackers.

mj47
    Participant

[user=233]pattyrod[/user] wrote:

Any recommendations on crackers??

Patty

i like glutino crackers.  they're the closest i've found to saltines.  they have them in flavors too.

Kim
    Participant

I've become a huge fan of almond flour and love this site:  Elana's Pantry

http://www.elanaspantry.com/recipes/

I make the sesame crackers which are delicious, but I add garlic powder and a little Parm to the recipe…….yum!

Parisa
    Participant

Annalise G. Roberts has a great cookbook:  Gluten-Free Baking Classics.

I found a great coffecake in there.  No one can believe it is gluten free.

jlc6166
    Participant

Thank you for this post.  I went to their site and found a allegry free food store in my area that I didn't even know about.  I bought some bread and also found something called “Daiya” cheese.  Jen is very allergy to dairy (specifically casein).  This is the first cheese we have found that actually tastes and melts like real cheese.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ gluten-free bread’ is closed to new replies.