Home Forums General Discussion gluten and dairy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sierra
    Participant

I do great when I avoid gluten and dairy. Right now my hands hurt and my knees hurt because:

Last Friday I had wild rice soup (dairy-based) for lunch. That evening I had sub sandwiches for dinner. My step-mom gave me a loaf of homemade bread and I had a slice before bed and two slices in the morning for breakfast. That's the last thing I remember. 🙂

All of these things happened because I was eating away from home (except for the homemade bread which I brought into the home). The ensuing pain is a reminder to be vigilant when out.

Sierra

casey
    Participant

Sierra,

Have you been tested for these sensitivities? http://www.enterolab .com does DNA analysis testing and you dont need a prescipt . Its not that expensive and easy to do. these tests certainly let you know where you stand. Also, if you do have this done, get a IgA blood test done by your regular doc first. If you are low in IgA, assume you are gluten sensitive /celiac. If  nrmal IgA, the test will be accurate as to how sensitive you are.

Casey

Jennhere
    Participant

Hi- http://www.celiac.com is a great support community for gluten free living.  Great tips on how to travel, talk to family, what to pack… You might benefit!

I'm gluten free, too.  I never cheat.  It's not so bad or difficult.  If you join Celiac.com, maybe having others in the same boat as you will help give you the strength to commit!

Jenn

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thanks Jenn. I am dairy and gluten free also (as well as a host of other “frees” right now) and I was wondering how I will cope with travelling for 6-7 weeks later in the year. Will check it out. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ gluten and dairy’ is closed to new replies.