Home Forums General Discussion Glutathione

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Deb-AZ
    Participant

For those that use glutatione or NAC:  Did you notice changes right away? or gradually?  What were the changes that you noticed?

I have SD/RA and my lungs are involved.  My ND and nurse practitioner prescribed Inhaled glutathione which I started 2 days ago.  I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks and Blessings!

Debbie

A Friend
    Participant

Debbie,

I've never used the inhaled Glutathione, but definitely believe forms of glutathione are among the most effective supplements for us with chronic illness.  Normally, our bodies make glutathione and it is the body's “master detoxifier.”  After we become chronically ill, I've read we use it up faster than our body can make it, and can even lose our ability to make it.  That's why it can be very beneficial to supplement. 

In the past, I've read much about this.  Dr. Paul Cheney has done much work with patients using it, and has articles on the DFW support group (Dallas/Ft Worth).  It has been found that undenatured whey protein's use (i.e., one is ImmunePro) is pretty effective in building glutathione. 

Also, if you do a search on “dr mercola + the detoxx system”, you will find an article about a group that uses effectively IV glutathione for Alzheimers, Parkinson's, ALS, forms of Arthritis, and many others.  A book is available to order for under $30 with the protocols for physicians, including recommended tests and specific protocols for symptoms. 

In Dr. Sherry Rogers' books, she recommends a “Detox Cocktail” that includes a form of glutathione. 

AF 

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

One of the first things my doctor did was IV pushes of glutathione.  My sinuses would immediately clear, my mind would clear and sometimes my joint pain would ease. 

Initially I got it weekly, then bi-weekly then monthly for over one year.  Today I use glutatione suppositories which are half the cost and twice the convenience.  Since I don't have much pain anymore, I can't really say if they are as effective.  My doctor says they are.  I test with a genetically poor ability to make glutathione and will probably supplement the remainder of my life.

I also take 600mg of NAC.  I couldn't take the whey protein because of a dairy protein allergy.

Susan

A Friend
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

One of the first things my doctor did was IV pushes of glutathione.  My sinuses would immediately clear, my mind would clear and sometimes my joint pain would ease. 

Initially I got it weekly, then bi-weekly then monthly for over one year.  Today I use glutatione suppositories which are half the cost and twice the convenience.  Since I don't have much pain anymore, I can't really say if they are as effective.  My doctor says they are.  I test with a genetically poor ability to make glutathione and will probably supplement the remainder of my life.

I also take 600mg of NAC.  I couldn't take the whey protein because of a dairy protein allergy.

Susan

Susan,

Could you tell us more about the IV pushes?   

Are the suppositories available over-the-counter?  Or, are these by RX?  Is there a recommended brand?  (These may be one of the reasons you don't have as much pain any more… do you think so?)

Which test did you have that showed your “poor ability to make glutathione”? 

Sorry to be so full of questions.  

Thanks,
    AF

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

AF,

I am real certain the extra steps I take to increase my glutathione do get some of the credit for reducing inflammation and pain.  The suppositories can be purchased online without a prescript, but I do not know if they are the same quality as mine.  I get mine from my doctor and they have no label so I don't know the manufacturer nor the ingredients.  They are in a plastic seal but she obviously orders them in bulk and breaks them out into 30.  I pay $60 for the 30 and I use them 2 to 3 times a week.

The pushes are called that because instead of a bag that drips into your vein, the nurse sits there and literally pushes the glutathione into the vein with a syringe.  It only takes about 3 mins.

The test she ran is called the DetoxiGenome test.  It is a gene test specific to my ability to detoxify.  Out of 6 genes required to make glutathione, I only have 5 and of the 5 I have, only 3 are functioning.  According to my doctor, I was born this way and have literally been slowly collecting toxins my entire life.  That could explain why I was always catching infections (all the itis' plus annual strep) as a child.

In 1995, an allergist tested and found me allergic to dust, mold & mildew; both indoor and out  12 mths of the year.  I also had mild asthma.  Last summer, I was tested again and NO ALLERGIES.  He said I outgrew them, but I do not believe that.  I know the symptoms were still with me when I got sick and I believe it is all we are doing to heal my body that has eliminated the allergies.  No asthma either!

Inasmuch as fruits and veggies help prevent cancer AND they aid the body in producing glutathione, I believe glutathione plays an important role in our health.

Susan

A Friend
    Participant

Susan,

Thanks so much for answering my questions.  Very much appreciated.

AF

Deb-AZ
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for your responses!!

Blessings!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Glutathione’ is closed to new replies.