Home Forums General Discussion Getting off Abx a possibility??

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

Jennhere,

I shouldn't even attempt to reply to your post, because of a strenuous trip and just arriving home; but, want to add my two-cents to consider with others comments. 

Along with what the others wrote, I'd also consider that even when we are doing, and having done, well from AP, we may be in a state of “keeping nicely afloat.”  When we've developed the kind of diagnoses/illnesses we here have developed, there are usually many other causes/triggers in the mix. 

These are some things that I would definitely want to monitor and/or do in my own case, whether on or off abx:

1) Make sure I kept foods out of my diet that are known triggers for “most” people with my dx (milk, sugars, gluten grains).

2) I know I am a person prone to develop fungal overgrowth from the above foods and abx (though I have never had the typical woman's type of yeast infection, after being sick for two years constantly and taking abx without probiotics, I had a serious systemic overgrowth (dx'd by Dr. Crook, and he was right on target).

3) My immune system during a long period of being off abx (because of a strong reaction while taking two abx) was not able to keep me feeling well longer term, and I  was getting worse ever so gradually over the following 2-3 years and developed constant fascia and bone pain which I'd never had before — allowing the multiplication of these underlying organisms that AP was addressing, I believe, also alllowed for the development of a very acidic condition (fueled greatly by this).  I did not know about testing my pH (nor was I interested at the time, because I thought my diet was squeaky clean/right for me — it definitely was not, with my 5.0-5.5 pH range that I did not know I had and was actually  causing this gradually increasing pain.

4)  If I were to get off abx, I'd also (and plan to do this anyway, while on abx) do the parasite, liver, yeast cleanses one after the other (such as have been discussed at length on this board… all of the toxic wastes stored that our body cannot excrete, PLUS the various parasites that have been able to multiply in our body because they LOVE an acidic environment, and these can definitely add to our toxic load and out immune system being unable to keep us well. 

5) After I had done the numbered things here, and if I still wanted to get off abx, I would be reluctant, and may want to continue one Minocin at bedtime at least once a week, and keep on with a really good probiotic.

6) I'd get copies of Doug Kaufmann's series of books written with medical MDs advice as well (web site is “Know the Cause”; they appear short & to the point, and people with all types of rheumatic diagnoses, including psoriasis and cancer).  In these  are suggested rotational natural supplements that can keep yeast from becoming a problem, apparently without getting to the point of needing the strongly RX fungal meds. (Because of my knowledge of Dr. Crook's work/writings, I've developed a respect for Doug's work, and intend to get the first couple of books soon.  The web site has a newsletter with input from several physicians who are doing very interesting work, with very interesting results. (Can/will post some links later.)

(Will think about and add MORE later if I think of others, but I've truly exceeded my “brain dead” condition this morning after returning from a long, tiring trip.

Jenn, good to hear you have been doing so well.  I remember well how you struggled in the beginning to learn and take control of your health, with a lot of other things going on in your life.  Stress is also a big trigger for our illnesses, as stress translates into making us more acidic as well.  “Health cannot exist in an overly acidic body”, I've read many times.  Also, hope those darling children of yours are doing well. 

Best to you,

AF

anno
    Participant

Jenn, I want to add my congratulations to getting your health back. Way to go.
    I've been on AP for about a year & feel ~95% better. I'm planning to go off AP in another year if all goes well & my last high number(CCP) goes away. I plan to use herbal antibiotics at that time, in fact have started using them already. There is a book titled Herbal Antibiotics by Stephen Buhner that gives many options with detailed recipes. I have a lot of faith in herbs & just want to get away from these pills, though they have been a lifesaver to me, as has this board.:)
    That's just my 2 cents, in case you want to check out another option.
    Best of luck to you.

marg
    Participant

HI Jennhere!

It's just wonderful to hear how well you're doing. You deserve this after the pain and trauma you went through! I'm glad your life is back on track.

I don't know about stopping AP, only to say that some folks have needed to go back on and found it did not work as effectively second time around. My daughter is continuing with minocin, even though she's symptom free and we wonder if she should soon rotate it with another antibiotic….but it's an individual decision.

All the best for continued good health.

marg

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Getting off Abx a possibility??’ is closed to new replies.