Home Forums General Discussion Generic Minocin

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

I’ll check out Teva first if I can get it. Everybody seems satisfied by it and it’s apparently avaible in Canada.

Thank you everyone for your replies!!!

kwlile
    Participant

I also am doing great on the Watson generic.

Anonymous
    Participant

@kwlile wrote:

I also am doing great on the Watson generic.

Do we have access to that Watson generic brand in Canada as well?

My pharmacy just contacted me to tell us that they aren’t able to get more Novo-Minocycline (teva) since we got the last bottle they had in store last week…

We don’t want to struggle to get an effective brand all the time, and it seems as though it’s quite complicated to get the brands we want…

I contacted Teva pharma directly, I don’t know what their answer will be…

DianaW13
    Participant

If you can’t get Teva, don’t be afraid to try the Apo brand. After doubling the dose to 200mg daily (from 100mg Minocin) it is effective for my Ra.

Diana

richie
    Participant

I have found to get info from a drug co is to call –I would think you should call Teva Canada at 800–268–4127 –ext 1256913 Kellie Ermacola —Perhaps Teva is still making it now under their label as opposed to Novopharm –many times pharmacists just rely on their particular distributor and dont search further —
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

@DianaW13 wrote:

If you can’t get Teva, don’t be afraid to try the Apo brand. After doubling the dose to 200mg daily (from 100mg Minocin) it is effective for my Ra.

I would try almost any other generic before I would take Apo-Minocycline. Besides the bad experiences a few people on here have had with it, there is also this: Google search: apotex FDA import ban

A few news articles that the above web search found:
    FDA slaps Apotex with import ban
    F.D.A. Again Warns a Generic Maker About Conditions at Its Plants
    Apotex Creeps Out Of The FDA Dog House

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

kristie
    Participant

As a fellow Canadian, I would go to a different pharmacy. Most carry a certain generic, but have no problem ordering what ever is available to us Canadians. Although, they still think your weird because people don’t usually request a certain brand. I take teva(with GREAT results)- which says novo, the pharmacist was quick to assure me that they’re the same.
    kristie

Anonymous
    Participant

So I got an answer from TEVA: Their minocycline was back-order for 10 days, but they should send their freshly manufactured minocycline next week to their distributors. I guess we’ll have to be sure to have a new prescription a few weeks before the end of our bottle just in case it’s back-order again.

Thanks for all your replies. Apo really seems to be an in-effective brand according to everyone.

DianaW13
    Participant

lol, I am having a good response on the Apo, but now I think I should be on another brand instead!!! Guess I will stick with it for now since it is working. Do you know of a price difference between the Apo and the Teva?

Thanks,
    Diana

Anonymous
    Participant

@DianaW13 wrote:

Do you know of a price difference between the Apo and the Teva?

I don’t know between Apo and Teva, but there was absolutely no price difference between Pro (Pro Doc Limited: Jean-Coutu generic brand) and Teva brand.

kristie
    Participant

Hi Mike!
    Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you! I have a VERY active 2 year old; thanks to the RBF and mino, I can joyfully keep up with him! I haven’t posted enough to PM, however I always liked to read these messages when I was a newbie! Yes, I have diagnosed severe RA. Symptoms started 6 weeks after the birth of my child. I didn’t take any prednisone or DMARDS only ibuprofen. I take supplements and eat healthy- but I always have. Plus I have always been extremely active, before baby- one-two hours of weight lifting and cardio a day. Did see a holistic dr, tried a stricter diet(no sugar, gluten,dairy, soy, etc.) and Inflammex about 7 months into RA, noticed a bit of relief but fingers and toes continued to swell and nodules kept appearing. At 9 months into RA I thankfully discovered the roadback. Convinced my GP-rheumy wouldn’t go for it-to start me on mino. Started teva brand and worked up to 100mg bid within a month and a half. Couldn’t tell if I had a herx, since I’d been flaring for 3 months prior to starting. My symptoms slowly decreased in severity until they mostly subsided. 6 months into mino, my finger and toe swelling was gone, my nodules were gone and my occasional flare doesn’t even compare to before. 8 months in labs were back to normal!!!! It’s 1 year and 2 months since I started mino. I know my RA isn’t gone, I still get a sore joint here or burning feet there- but where as it was a 10 pain before it is a 1 pain now. Hope this helps 😀
    Best wishes, Kristie

kristie
    Participant

Hi Diana!
    I pay .87 cents per 100 mg pill of teva before taxes or pharmacy fees. I’m in B.C.
    Kristie

richie
    Participant

Good price !!
    richie

DianaW13
    Participant

@kristie wrote:

Hi Diana!
    I pay .87 cents per 100 mg pill of teva before taxes or pharmacy fees. I’m in B.C.

Hi Kristie,

Thanks for that. I am responding really well to the Apo brand so I guess I should stick with it for now. I will keep the TEVA in mind though in case this should change.

Diana

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.