Home Forums General Discussion Generic Mino Question: Help!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    PetRescue
    Participant

Hi Connie-so sorry to hear of the job, but hopefully the next one will be even better. Or at least have better insurance! I use Teva Mino from walgreens and it seems OK. Although I’m on amoxy as well, so I worry that is inhibiting the mino from during it’s job well enough. So it’s hard to say whether it’s “working”. Everyone gave you great advice and if you find you just can’t swing it, I have some extra Teva mino from when my LLMD took me off it for awhile. I would be glad to send a bottle or two your way. My insurance covered it no copay or anything-and I’m serious. I’d be glad to help if I can 🙂

~Jen

Conniel7777
    Participant

Jen ( Petrescue )

Wow.. what can I say to an offer like that? except THANK YOU………………………

For now, I think I am going to be ok. with all of the info / options I have been given here, I think I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. ( when I was first told about my job loss, I was only aware of 2 options, and those options were either NO Mino or pay $1,8oo.00 for it.. Yikes!! not good options!! )

I can honestly say that I am overwhelmed and touched by your offer… and I will definitely keep it in mind.. as a few more weeks go by and I see how things play out, if I find that I get stuck and have no way out, I will let you know… 🙄 but, thankfully, as of now, its looks like given all of these options that I didnt know about before, I think I will be able to keep up with everything.

((( hugs ))) I cant say THANK YOU enough for such a generous offer…..

Conniel7777
    Participant

Randy,

WOW.. I didnt realize they did that for you.. and BRAVO for fighting back against them, and WINNING!!! Good For You!

I can honestly say that my employer didnt lay me off because of my illness. The lay-offs at the company have been going on for a year, and I have survived every round of cuts; they held on to me as long as they could, and I am thankful for that. still… in the end.. there were other alternatives they could have pursued to reduce their bottom line rather than letting me go, but.. like you said, these days employers are heartless. there are other employees working there who are far less experienced than me, who live at home, who are working for pocket and vacation money, who dont even need their health insurance.. and then there is me, desperately needing my paycheck, and needing my health insurance even more so, as I was not the only person on it, but my fiance as well…..

But, thats ok.

I really appreciate your offer of advice / guidance on the issue of discrimination; if I thought that was applicable here, I would be all over it, but in this case, thats not what happened.

I am still sitting here in shock at what happened to you.. tell me, how they h*ll do people SLEEP at night when they do things like this? I know its about profit, but if I were a business owner, I could not single out an employee for termination because they were ill.. dont even get me started. 😈

Again, thank you so much for your offer of advice in this area; the resources available through this community of people is just unbelievable.

Connie

Conniel7777
    Participant

Redrock,

I did check into Cobra, and it is certainly a good option for some, but for me, it is so outrageously expensive that it is unfortunately not at all possible for me.. I wish it were.

Conniel7777
    Participant

Louris,

Wow.. I am so surprised that so many are saying they are using the generic with good results.. that is good to know, especially whe you dont have health insurance.

Connie

PhilC
    Participant

I just learned something that is likely to be helpful to those using generics. I just put in a prescription refill request for Watson doxycycline tablets using Walgreen’s automated telephone system. After I did that I called back and spoke to one of the pharmacy staff to make sure that my prescription would be refilled using Watson tablets. During the conversation I was told that it’s a good idea to remind them every time because there is no place in their system to enter information regarding a preferred generic. So if I hadn’t called, and they were out of the Watson tablets, they probably would have just filled my prescription with whatever they happened to have in stock.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

kadybugs_mama
    Participant

I myself used Watson generic Mino for almost a year with no problems, but withno results either. I went off for about 4 months and have been back on generic Teva for about 6 months and have recently seen a great deal of loosening of my skin. I take 100mg twice a day and that is the only drug I’m currently taking for the Scleroderma. I’m not sure that it was the brand I was using or what………..but I’m seeing improvement after 2 and a half years that I hadn’t seen. I get mine from Kmart and a local pharmacy, not sure what I pay now, but I too have no insurance but I researched to find the cheapest in my area. Good luck finding the cheapest meds and a job! I’m thankful that you are still able to work as so many of us aren’t. Prayers are coming your way.
    Debbie

PhilC
    Participant

I just thought of something important. People who are allergic to corn should be aware that most generic minocycline contains corn (maize) starch. Even some brand name minocycline contains corn starch. For example, 100 mg capsules of Minomycin contain “maize starch (pregelatinised)” as an inactive ingredient. (Minomycin 50 mg tablets, on the other hand, do not contain corn starch.)

In North America there are two minocycline generics that I know of that don’t contain corn starch: minocycline tablets made by Par Pharmaceutical, Inc. and ratio-MINOCYCLINE (a Canadian generic).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.