Home Forums General Discussion Gastrointestinal info by Dr. Galland…(large part of oor immune system)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[This article is one of those listed in my previous post giving the names of Dr. Galland's online articles.  Key words below for us to pay attention to and what is written below: MVP, Magnesium Deficiency, Panic Disorder, hyperthyroidism, autoimmune thyroiditis, dysautonomia, autoimmune phenomena, chronic infection with Candida albicans… af]

http://mdheal.org/articles.htm 

[align=center]Magnesium Deficiency in the Pathogenesis of Mitral Valve Prolapse [/align]

[align=center]

A Friend
    Participant

Trudi, All,

Another interesting lengthy excerpt begins below (but some of it would not paste below when I copied it).  If you click on the link by Dr. Leo Galland, you can begin reading the referenced excerpt beginning with what is pasted.  These tell us how important it is for us to know this about gut health: 

http://mdheal.org/parasites.htm
    Excerpts below are from the above link/continue on for the “rest of the story”…af:

B[font=”Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif”]acteria are dangerous tenants, however, so that dysbiosis is a common problem. As powerful chemical factories, bacteria not only make vitamins and destroy toxins, but also destroy vitamins and make toxins. Bacterial enzymes can inactivate human digestive enzymes and convert human bile or components of food into chemicals which promote the development of cancer. Some by-products of bacterial enzyme activity, like ammonia, hinder normal brain function. When absorbed into the body, they must be removed by the liver. People whose livers fail this task, because of conditions like cirrhosis, develop progressive neurologic dysfunction resulting in coma and death. For them, the administration of antibiotics which slow the production of nerve toxins by intestinal bacteria can be life saving.  [MORE….}
    [/size][/font]

[align=justify] [/align]

Trudi
    Participant

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

http://mdheal.org/parasites.htm

Hi AF–

Good article.  I found this interesting:

Unlike bacteria, parasites appear to serve no useful function. The part of the immune system which they stimulate does not strengthen the organism to resist serious infection; instead it contributes to allergic reactions, so that parasitic infection increases allergic tendencies. There are two general groups of parasites. The first consists of worms–tapeworms and roundworms–which attach themselves to the lining of the small intestine, causing internal bleeding and loss of nutrients. People infested with worms may have no symptoms or may slowly become anemic.

At my last doctor's visit my hematocrit and hemoglobin were finally in the normal range after about 3 years.  It wouldn't surprise me that I may have had some worm infestation :doh: and my treatment has been clearing it up therefore no more anemia.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

A Friend
    Participant

Trudi,

Even though we can't be sure “what” is going on sometimes, thank goodness for good outcomes… so we know it was doing something good. 

AF

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Gastrointestinal info by Dr. Galland…(large part of oor immune system)’ is closed to new replies.