Home Forums General Discussion Gamma Globulin treatment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Has anyone who has had Gammaglobulin before felt like they had been hit by a semi?  I received it last week and h ave had weakness and almost flu like symptoms. I also developed excruciating knee pain-don't know if it is related or not. My skin is better but it has really beat me down.  Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Julie 

Parisa
    Participant

Julie

the first couple of treatments were rough for my husband. Each time it got easier and the reaction was less.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2307]BJK7493@aol.com[/user] wrote:

Has anyone who has had Gammaglobulin before felt like they had been hit by a semi?  I received it last week and h ave had weakness and almost flu like symptoms. I also developed excruciating knee pain-don't know if it is related or not. My skin is better but it has really beat me down.  Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Julie,

The purpose of gamma globulin is to boost immune function. As such, it very possibly could produce a herx situation, because the immune system is better able to defend itself against foreign invaders.

As a teen, I had to have a gamma globulin shot before going to visit my parents who were working in Azad Kashmir, in Pakistan. This was to prevent the possibility of catching hepatitis while out there and being exposed to unsanitory conditions that my body wasn't used to. I remember feeling pretty rough for about 2 weeks after the shot…probably why it stuck in my memory. :sick:

Peace, Maz

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Thanks Maz! It's good to know that it's not all in my head!

Julie

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Thanks Parisa. I was feeling pretty down and hurt all over the entire week. How often is your husband getting the Gamma now?  Did he quit getting skin ulcerations after the Gamma?   I have 3 ulcers on my hands and wished they would go away! I bought the Manuka Honey but it does not seem to heal them any quicker.   also bought those gloves you talked about and they have made a world of difference at work!

Julie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Gamma Globulin treatment’ is closed to new replies.