Home Forums General Discussion Funky tooth, funky finger, let's dance!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sierra
    Participant

So, back to my root canal…everyone's favorite topic. It's been a month and there's still a mild ache present. I've been noticing it more because I had to stop my one ibuprofin tab per day in anticipation of hand surgery scheduled for Monday (trigger finger release and synovectomy). My rheumy calls it a kid's dose and says it does nothing to stop inflammation, but I'm a small woman and can tell it does a lot for me. I can't have the surgery if I've got an infection going on– not sure if I do or not, but what else would cause the ache? Made an appointment to see the endodontist on Friday. I'm starting to seriously think of getting the tooth pulled. In the meantime, maybe I should just give up the surgery idea and pop a delightful ibuprofin.

Sierra

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=128]Sierra[/user] wrote:

I can't have the surgery if I've got an infection going on– not sure if I do or not, but what else would cause the ache? Made an appointment to see the endodontist on Friday. I'm starting to seriously think of getting the tooth pulled. In the meantime, maybe I should just give up the surgery idea and pop a delightful ibuprofin.

Hi Sierra,

Sorry to hear that tooth is being such a pain still. The only things that come to mind that it might be are that the perhaps the gum tissue is still sensitive from the work you had done last month…that can feel like toothache for a good long time until it settles down….or that the new filling is too high and might need a bit of shaving down. This happened to my hubby. He thought he had an infection in a root canal and it turned out he just needed the filling filed down a bit. It stopped the pain immediately.

What a nuisance for you, having this come right before your scheduled surgery on Monday. I hope you get to “the root” (horrible pun – sorry!) of this on Friday when you see the endo and that you don't have to resort to having it out. 🙁

If he/she gives you the all clear, sending all the very best for your surgery on Monday!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Funky tooth, funky finger, let's dance!’ is closed to new replies.