Home Forums General Discussion Fungal infection from long term antibiotic use?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    NorthernBridge
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a fungal infection develop due to their long term antibiotic use to control their RA. I have had a chronic cough for the past 13 months and I now believe that it may have been for this reason. Nystatin or caprylic acid help my cough tremendously. I also have noticed a white/green film or plaque on the back of my tongue area during this time that has gotten better with nystatin & caprylic acid.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Northernbridge and welcome!

The interesting thing about Minocycline is that it’s been found to inhibit Candida in studies that can be found on pubmed – here is one for your interest:

Minocycline Inhibits Candida albicans Budded-to-Hyphal-Form Transition and Biofilm Formation

Has Dr. H. performed any kind of fungal testing for you? It’s interesting that nystatin and caprylic acid seem to help, so it might help to figure out what type of fungus you suspect you’re dealing with. Nystatin is really a gut wash-thru and doesn’t absorb or work systemically, so wonder if your ozone therapy and caprylic acid might be helping more in this regard? Have you tried oil pulling with coconut oil (which is a natural antifungsl) for the mouth symptoms?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.