Home Forums General Discussion fun with dosing

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by m..
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marie
    Participant

Hi, everyone,

I?m trying to work out a dosing schedule and am finding it a little overwhelming.  I?m supposed to start zith this week, 300 mg every other day.  I?ve made up a little schedule.  If I?m doing something terribly wrong, please tell me! 🙂

8 am:               Zith, Bolouke (lumbrokinase)

9 am:               breakfast

InflaThera (turmeric based herbal anti-inflammatory)

Vitamin D

Fish oil

Armour thyroid

12:30 pm:        lunch

Calcium

4 pm:               Bolouke

6 pm:               dinner

Multivitamin

InflaThera

Fish oil

Milk thistle

Calcium

8:30 pm:          probiotics

10 pm:             snack

I got some PB8 probiotics and will play w/ the dose.  Should I take the probiotics all at once?

How far away from the zith should I take calcium/eat spinach?

Is the bedtime lemon/olive oil drink supposed to be on an empty stomach?

Friends and family are asking me ?when I?m going on abx.? 🙂  When I get all my supportive supplements purchased and work out my dosing schedule, then I can start medicating!  😉

Thank you!

Marie

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Sounds good to me, I take my probiotic twice a day and 2 hours after my Abx, also with my iron and calcium I like to leave a 2 hour window as well.  I am on a abx combo 1 week out of 4 and juggle that a bit though, but with the Mino that I am on for 3 weeks I am usually pretty consistant.

I usally have my lemon drink all day long, but if I take the lemon/olive drink I take it when needed either on an empty or after something light to eat, I am not sure if it matters. 

Good luck with your schedule, as I know how daunting it can be, but with practice it will become second nature for you……………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Kim
    Participant

Hey Marie,

I was told to take the Armour thyroid on an empty stomach.  Try not to get too worked up about the schedule, just do the best you can.

kim

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

I was told to take the Armour thyroid on an empty stomach. 

Did your doctor tell you that?  I've been taking my Armour with breakfast–maybe I would notice a difference if taken on an empty stomach–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Kim
    Participant

Yes, Trudi, my doctor told me I'd get better absorption on an empty stomach.  Luckily it's not a med that causes any upset……at least for me.

Trudi
    Participant

Thanks, Kim–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Marie
    Participant

Thanks, everyone!

The pharmacy had to special order the zith, so it won't be there till late Wed at the earliest.  Couple more days…then hopefully I can experience my first herx! lol

Marie

m.
    Participant

When I was taking Armour, I took it first thing in the morning upon waking. It was in a pill box on the nightstand.

I take my probiotics on my days off of antibiotics.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ fun with dosing’ is closed to new replies.