Home Forums General Discussion For those that deal with Thrush

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MMW
    Participant

Hi,

I wanted to share something I just tried over the last two days.

In the beginning when I get Thrush, my tongue and mouth feels awful.  There is a tingling sensation, my taste is off and my tongue feels just plain gross.

A few weeks ago I stumbled on a RB post about oil pulling.  I tried it a couple of times when I did not have thrush.

The other day, I read that caprylic acid comes from coconut oil.  Since I just got thrush and my tongue was feeling gross, I thought I would try oil pulling with it just to see what would happen. 

It did temporarily make my tongue feel normal for a bit of time.  Caprylic acid does kill yeast because it is an antifungal.

I realize this is just a bandage, since yeast is symstemic.   But for the temporary relief I got, I was delighted.

Maybe this may help you on the days that your mouth feels bothersome due to yeast.

MMW

Kash
    Participant

A couple of weeks ago, my tongue and throat broke out in blisters and the white icky stuff. My LLMD prescribed nystatin liquid and I had to gargle with it 3 times a day. I was having a hard time swallowing -it was not fun. It took about 3 days before it kicked in.

I was at my primary care and she said if it happens again, she could call in a numbing med to help with the blister pain.

Hope you feel better soon.

MMW
    Participant

Hi Kash,

I have actually diluted nystatin powder with water an tried rinsing my mouth out with that.   It is vial stuff:?.  I can barely tolerate the taste, let alone swallow it. 

I didn't know blisters could be a symptoms of yeast.  

Hope it doesn't come back.

Marianne

Kash
    Participant

I was supposed to swish the nystatin around and swallow. Did you try mixing in something to hide it?

PhilC
    Participant

[user=1619]MMW[/user] wrote:

I realize this is just a bandage, since yeast is symstemic.

Hi Marianne,

Not necessarily. Yeast infections can be systemic, but those would be the more serious cases. Most yeast infections are almost certainly not systemic. An oral yeast infection is considered to be an infection of the alimentary tract and is not a systemic infection.

[user=1619]MMW[/user] wrote:

I have actually diluted nystatin powder with water an tried rinsing my mouth out with that. It is vial stuff. I can barely tolerate the taste, let alone swallow it.

Did it work?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

maz.aust
    Participant

I get the whole thrush in the mouth thing every 10 months or so ,, & being that I am not usually susceptible to it didn't know what was going on the first time.

I now have an open script for “Nilstat drops” which I swish around in my mouth for as long as I can before swallowing .. it is a sweet tasting liquid & not too bad, it certainly numbs the mouth so I can eat .. plus I am prescribed Amoxil 500mg tablets which I take twice a day for 5 days ….. then it's gone for another 10 months!

Hope you find something that helps, there is certainly nothing nice about mouth ulsers !!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ For those that deal with Thrush’ is closed to new replies.