Home Forums General Discussion For Calcinosis Sufferers I have something that might help

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Drey90
    Participant

According to medical literature Calcinosis, particularly in the hands “doesn’t go away”. I’ve been seeing improvement in pain, and swelling, doing a particular protocol. I take minocycline, but in addition take INFLAVANOID IC, which is a tumeric, and ginger anti-inflammatory supplement which is working, and at night I rub sodium diclofenac gel on my hands right before bed, which is a strong NSAID, typically prescribed for joint pain and swelling. These three things have my hands slowly healing and returning back to normal. It’s worth trying.

Linda L
    Participant

Drey, what does it mean if your hands are returning back to normal? Do you have problems with strengthening or binding your fingers?
    I don’t know much about Calcinosis. How do you know you have it?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Drey90
    Participant

When I make a fist it feels uncomfortable and at times painful. I know that I have calcinosis since I’ve seen my hands go from completely healthy, to developing these calcium bumps under my fingers. Since doing this protocol my fingers are feeling much better. I’ve also began applying castor oil on my hands and using a professional grade massage tool to aggressively ‘scrape’ the calcinosis bumps in my hands, per the advice of another RBF member, that got completely rid of them in 3 months and never came back. My hands feel more flexible and nimble as a reuslt.

Linda L
    Participant

Thank you Drey. When I used to take Methotraxate I had problems with strengthening my fingers and yes, I had two bumps under my fingers. I tried hot paraffin baths /I don’t recommend it/, massages etc. I stopped Methotraxate years ago and today it is more difficult to bend my fingers, no problems with strengthening and no bumps.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.