Home Forums General Discussion For AF and anyone else who’s had cavitation surgery

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Pip
    Participant

Slightly off subject – Friend, what was the nutrient therapy for vision if I may ask?

Pip

A Friend
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

For those In Tx. Anyone know or seen a Biological dentist in Spring Tx? It’s close to Houston. I like the fact that smaller cavitations he will consider addressing with ozone and laser. If it worked I would save some surgery as not all of my 6 cavitations are big. I know of 2 that are huge that need surgery.
    I dont live in Tx. This requires a flight and trying to home in as fast as I can.
    Just trying to do my homework and how is by asking.

Thanks Jill

Jill,
    Today is the day that a holistic dentist will be presenting his message discussing autoimmunity and dentistry. His portion of the Summit will be live at 10 a.m. EST and will be free for 24 hours.
    AF

cavalier
    Participant

Thanks I heard it I have listend to some of the videos but this one I might have missed if you had t called attention to it as I was traveling but I made a point to hear it. I saw 2 biological dentists in Nashville and a implant dentist all who claim to do cavitation surgery but the one who claims this put me off until he can get a ozone machine which may not be for another 6 wks or more even. The other said he only sees 3 cavitations and he can’t say if doing this will help my pain and I could be worse and if still pain then they could check out the upper jaw , they use ozone and PRF but their prices were 2& 1/2 times higher than What I was quoted 3 times by phone. The other is also expensive the implant t dentist said he can’t see any cavitations on the ct scan but said he too could operate on 3 cavitations also saying I could be worse and no guarantee it’ll fix my pain and I could be worse he does it differently no ozone uses sterile saline water and takes bone grafts from further back to pack into the hole and uses PRF too. of course concern is if those sites will heal well and he’s also expensive he said if he sees green or black goo he knows it was a cavitation and then may biopsy if I want it, the other always biopsies.
    Im more confused than ever 3 biological dentists before this group all see 6 and now 3.
    I’ve heard from other offices in the area that one of theses dentists has been in rehab a few times ther’s a associate who can also do this surgery but hasn’t done them as long of which I asked how many has he done. None are oral surgeons but I realize many are biological dentists who do this work. The one who’s not set up fully yet said do ozone but even his associate said that they ar stopping use of oZone in hip replacement surgery. He did say he felt these 3 were the biggest ones the others smaller but he said the upper jaw shouldn’t get referral pain from below that it doesn’t normally work that way. I’ve caught my sons bad cold so I can’t do surgery until this is gone anyways. Oh and the last confusing piece is one doc said you don’t wanna do PRF as the blood is tainted for this area so you dont want to put this blood into the site you want it flushed out well and left open for it to heal from the bottom up like they do in Europe. she says the blood carries these toxins why our bodies get sick, others of course feel PRF is essential for the healing process. So ask more than one dentist and you get such various techniques and I ions I have no idea who’s really right!

Jill

A Friend
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

What I thought was you were asymptomatic AF which I’m glad in a way you were :mrgreen: , but also had you had any symptoms you would have known, so it’s sort of a double edged sword good and bad in a sense, if you follow.
    Best
    Jill

Good heavens Child… I’ve been symptomatic of SOMETHING OR OTHER since early 1990… my symptoms just didn’t have written on them: “Cavitations causing these problems!!!”

I do believe these and related things are among the world’s best kept secrets!!!

Just wanted to get your attention a little bit — just in case you’d forgotten the daily year-long IBS posts (2013-2014) in which I was sharing my trying to figure out what had disturbed my “temporary tranquility” with this gigantic, seemingly unfixable IBS problem.

It was an ongoing puzzle, which I got lucky to finally figure out, only when extraction of a molar necessitated my taking Amoxicillin as pre-med, and then twice daily for a week after extraction… and amazingly two days after extraction, the IBS stopped! temporarily, during that week! (The problem sounded like organisms being addressed to me! So then my fingers hit the keys with these search words: “high dose Vitamin D-3+IBS+Dental” ….. AND AMAZINGLY!!! I got to read about how wisdom teeth extractions (which I’d had four extracted many years before 1990 when chronic illness began) could possibly figure into this equation. And I believe I’ve shared the more current health history, about how I learned in January 2014 how the year-long IBS condition had possibly/probably caused my early cataracts found the year before, to become advanced cataracts, putting me in the almost “legally blind” category…and on and on!!!

No, Child, not exactly asymptomatic… at least continuously — but all the good things we learn about helping our bodies, they certainly have made a tremendous difference in settling things down.
    I’m hoping the complete dental revision I had mid-year this year, will make an extended difference — and a greater difference for all you young ones. I’m getting toward ancient. This breakthrough, though, has made me almost giddy… just thinking about how many people this new information (new to us) can possibly help!!!

AF

cavalier
    Participant

AF hi I meant strictly asymptomatic as to jaw pain and pressure in those areas only, is what I was referencing. Certainly not other areas, of which both you and I have struggled with for years. I’m not a spring chicken myself turned 60 this year. I’d like to get resolution as for me it’s constant pain and pressure from both sides of the lower jaw only occasionally upper. I’ve ruled out 2 dentists off of who’ve I’ve seen and the 3rd who’s super expensive, I have concerns over how many he’s done which I’ve asked about hopefully they’ll tell me, if not I won’t go there either.

Marble falls offered to look at my pano via eml and they detailed prices etc they are far lower than some of the outrageous prices I’ve gotten around here. I sent them the pano today and a ND who wrote a book on this subject who doesn’t do surgery but said she’d give her opinion.

Marble falls is into Feb though and maybe more booked out.

Best Jill

lajc
    Participant

Hi Jill,

Good to see you on roadback again. So sorry for the sadness in your life on top of the health issues you are dealing with. Life is just really tough sometimes. I wanted to chime in about the dentist in marble falls. I have not seen him but have heard good things about him. I believe he is one of the speakers on the autoimmune conference. My doc told me that Dr. N in marble falls charges about 1/3 the price of the other two biological dentists in the Houston area. I have not researched or confirmed this but wanted to pass the info on to you. Good luck Jill.

Laurie

cavalier
    Participant

Hi Laurie I hope your doing well. Yes surprisingly marble falls seems to have either more compassion perhaps having experienced his own dental issues perhaps, this is a factor ? Or maybe some other reason, but I was happily surprised. My pano is with him for review now, but he’s booked out thru feb maybe farther now, after the summit. But by the time I pay for 2 airline tickets and longer hotel stays that savings is gone if it’s only 3 sites if it’s more like the other dentists have stated then it would def. be worth going but his expertise is also a HUGE factor. Right now I have a terrible cold thanks to my son who was sneezing by me last Sunday and by tues nite I was coming down with it, so I can’t do anything right now til this is gone. I’m anxious to see him weigh in, I am drawn to him have been since I heard him on radio one network. It’s just a bummer he’s out so far in booking. I do value his opinion very much.

Best Jill

cavalier
    Participant

Well doesn’t seem meant to be to stay within a reasonable driving distance of my home for Cavitation surgery as the one I saw isn’t very experienced at doing the surgery yet is charging as much or more as the older experienced dentists in the country. They also wouldn’t tell me how long they’ve been doing this surgery or how many cases they’ve done approx. that maybe because they are lacking at both. A source I called had them down as only 2 yrs and no reports on this surgery specifically, other than one report of not being happy with bridge work by a patient and complaint of their high cost.
    Although I do appreciate the opinion, he felt it was 3 cavitations to address.

So all that said, since I’m in pain at these cavitation locations, I’ve moved on. it then means air travel is unfortunately necessary, once that became apparent, I reached out to Dr N. office. His asst who’ve I’ve been in correspondence with, has been fast in responses and readily given information. He has my Pano by eml and I was told he was booked out thru Feb, but they’ve now told me today I can be worked on the 2nd week of January, still about 6 wks out or so, but better than end of Feb. They said the newer Pano and CT they’ll review it I had to mail it, too large for eml, as soon as they get it they’ll have Doc look at it and they’ll tell me his opinion ahead of us coming there.

So a God willing… I’ll be going to Marble Falls. I was told by a outside source he’s been doing this surgery about 10 yrs. Dunno how many cases or his % ‘s for one surgery healing well, I hope I can find out a tad more on that. It feels right, even though I didn’t want to travel.

Best Jill

cavalier
    Participant

Surgery date with Dr N. is jan 12th I see him for consult, surgery is Jan 13th. For Cavitations. My CD of my mouth CT should arrive there by mail tommorrow. He’ll render his opinion on how many to operate on after he looks at it.
    His assistant has been great in being responsive.
    Keeping fingers crossed the CD arrives safely and he can view OK.
    Well be driving the 11 hrs by car.

Jill

cavalier
    Participant

Dr N. Has reviewed my CT of my mouth. He says he definitely and easily sees 6 Cavitations. This now makes for 4 Biological dentists who agree in seeing 6 cavitations. Why did I go to this amt of effort is this, I was looking for the right combinations of things they employ in this surgery, and expertise as well as costs so three areas, in that search 3 dentists rendered they saw 6 cavitations, then as I looked closer to home a dentist who’s done 10 of these surgeries only saw 3 cavitations. Then I saw a implant dentist who saw none, which I could clearly make out the 2 worst ones readily, so I knew he was wrong, but he agreed to operate on 3 as well even though he didn’t see them and strongly suggested I not do the surgery. The one who saw on,y 3 was the first one to take the CT of my mouth so I wondered since this was a CT if Dr N. could see this same CT would he see 3 or what?
    He sees 6 and says he’s so sure that while he doubts it will happen if he opens up one or more and finds solid bone he would only charge me $269 for the PRF plasma rich fibrin to help the area heal back up and close it up.

So I feel sure even though I’ve never met him Dr N is the one I was drawn to him when I first heard his radio one network interview and said he’s the one for me the before I posted to the RBF. But I had some free consultants try to say he’s not really one who specializes in this kind of surgery so I checked other places but I came back to him he’s the only one to hit my 3 criterias.

Interesting that some of the cavitations can cause allergies, sinus issues other health issues even if their quiet pain wise. My lower jaw both sides is very painful but those aren’t the only cavitations. I feel sure I’ve gotten thru the confusing 2 opinions to have enuf consensus and confidence in who can read this accurately. While I hoped for only 3 that’s plenty, I also didn’t want to leave issues unaddressed. His office has been great to work with responsive and I like how they approach things.

So all of this to say, God keep me whole til Jan 10th we decided not to fly but drive due to air pressure to the jaw coming back by plane and head out. Surgery is the 13th meet the doc on the 12th. I fell today on clear ice up in N. IL. For thanksgiving and have a rib contusion, it hurts to add to this. So I say 2014 has been a beast. I feel 2015 is gonna be my year to get righted and look for better days ahead. The pathogens I’ll be supported for with them being released by clearing this out, thanks to AP and high dose Vit C IVs.

Happy thanksgiving all, despite this much to be grateful for,
    Jill

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.