Home Forums General Discussion For AF and anyone else who’s had cavitation surgery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    cavalier
    Participant

Hi folks it’s been quite some time. We’ve had a number of things affect us. We lost my hubby’s dear parents 6 wks apart from each other after about a year of failing health for both. We’ve been going north a lot due to this and I encountered 2 obstructing kidney stones last oct and in nov while recovering from the 2 kidney stone surgeries, I tripped over my dog cutting in front of me quickly and I broke my knee in 2 places and tore the bursa. And we’ve had a son ill and a older dog with dementia that has kept me up late a lot, so here a year has flown by but it seems like only a few months. Oh and I placed 2 of my girl dogs which wasn’t easy and a lot of adjustments for us and for them. And we with all of the travel bought a 2nd place I’ve done work on so I come back home to our normal place and collapse exhausted. 😆
    I’ve recently gotten a equivocal reading on my scleroderma after months of it consistently climbing, I’ve taken DMSO orally and found it to be even more helpful than I could have hoped for which matched a couple of isolated stories I had read.
    As I did the DMSO I got increased pressure and pain in my jaw. I’ve had this before off and on but this time it’s stayed and been like this now for 3 months. I got my last pano X-ray and found holes where I had wisdom teeth extracted yrs ago and 2 last molars which became infected as the wisdom teeth were. I’ve gotten 3 biological dentists weighing in and they independently see the same as I do 6 cavitations!
    I’m wondering for those who’ve done cavitation surgery if yours worked without needing a revision and if it’s helped your health? – plse. And if you feel it didn’t help or work any ideas as to why? And any recommendations as to who to go too?

I’ve thought of folks often but as I’ve gone thru this maze I did t know what to say or why I was still sick I figure Lyme is still at work despite yrs of fighting.

Hugs and best to all Jill aka Cavalier

A Friend
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

Hi folks it’s been quite some time. We’ve had a number of things affect us. ……. I’ve recently gotten a equivocal reading on my scleroderma after months of it consistently climbing, I’ve taken DMSO orally and found it to be even more helpful than I could have hoped for which matched a couple of isolated stories I had read.
    As I did the DMSO I got increased pressure and pain in my jaw. I’ve had this before off and on but this time it’s stayed and been like this now for 3 months. I got my last pano X-ray and found holes where I had wisdom teeth extracted yrs ago and 2 last molars which became infected as the wisdom teeth were. I’ve gotten 3 biological dentists weighing in and they independently see the same as I do 6 cavitations! ……
    I’m wondering for those who’ve done cavitation surgery if yours worked without needing a revision and if it’s helped your health? – plse. And if you feel it didn’t help or work any ideas as to why? And any recommendations as to who to go too?

I’ve thought of folks often but as I’ve gone thru this maze I did t know what to say or why I was still sick I figure Lyme is still at work despite yrs of fighting.

Hugs and best to all Jill aka Cavalier

Jill,
    So sorry you’ve had so many things going on at once. This certainly can’t help your already stressed condition. About your questions about cavitation surgery working without needing a revision… my best guess would be that other existing conditions in our individual mouths would/could determine what is needed.

As I understand, these cavitations are a source of constant, ready, and ongoing unfriendly organisms (many or most not common to the body, and can be identified by a DNA lab test on the organisms if one would like, or has a need-to-know, from a lab in Colorado, which the revision dentist can send. Whether a revision is absolutely necessary, along with cavitation surgery, would be something the revision dentist would need to determine and discuss with you.

It seems to me that if a complete revision is not done, at least getting the cavitations’ organisms (cess pools… forgive me!) out of our mouths just might be a good place to start. Metals that have been used in our mouths can also be having ongoing adverse effects — even if we’ve been told otherwise. Some kinds of metals are toxic, as well as some of the other materials put into patients’ mouths. There are ways of testing that can determine compatability for the patient with the material.

When I finally was able to learn that cavitations resulting from faulty removal of four wisdom teeth (years before the illness onset) had set off my own chronic illness back in 1990, it was an easy recent decision (though cost was a considerable shock). But, we people buy cars, etc. sometimes we shouldn’t afford; but for myself this was a no-brainer: if I was to recover and/or have a semblance of health for the remaining years of my life, I instinctively felt I needed to choose to take care of that little girl who still resides in this body and “mother her” a bit … and get the help she needs (it has been a challenging 20 years!). There are plans available through 3rd parties where dental patients can finance the cost of such as this, if one wants to find available possible ways this can be done.

I only considered one person to do my revision, who has been longtime known to me, and I had complete trust in him as a person. Even as a dental professional, he had gone through a lengthy serious chronic illness searching for answers, had even been in a wheelchair for a time, when he learned his own problems were dental connected. The problems were able to be turned around when he found two or more professionals learned about these problems. And, he studied and obtained several new dental-related degrees in the holistic dental field.

Hope you find information and a plan to help restore your health. We who have battled these problems for years need answers… and it has often appeared that “safer answers” are hidden from patients…. like pearls in an oyster!

Keep the faith!
    AF

cavalier
    Participant

Hi AF I have quite a battle with my health and much of it traces back to my wisdom teeth both when infected and then removal. 2 yrs ago I had nickel removed from the porcelain covered crowns which the stainless steel below unbenost to me had a lot of nickel in them as I had it tested and posted about this. So all metal is gone.
    I have autoimmune SD and 2 others along with heart and lung issues so I think these sites I have 6 cavitations 2 are really large easily seen on a pano X-ray from 2&1/2 yrs ago. They say if it can be seen and myself and 3 dentists each see these on our own that over 50-60% of the jaw is gone there or more.

I hope you don’t mind my asking if your surgery outcome has gone well? I must travel there’s no one in Memphis and after 40 yrs of hell I need someone to give it their best.

Much thanks Jill

A Friend
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

Hi AF I have quite a battle with my health and much of it traces back to my wisdom teeth both when infected and then removal. 2 yrs ago I had nickel removed from the porcelain covered crowns which the stainless steel below unbenost to me had a lot of nickel in them as I had it tested and posted about this. So all metal is gone.
    I have autoimmune SD and 2 others along with heart and lung issues so I think these sites I have 6 cavitations 2 are really large easily seen on a pano X-ray from 2&1/2 yrs ago. They say if it can be seen and myself and 3 dentists each see these on our own that over 50-60% of the jaw is gone there or more.

I hope you don’t mind my asking if your surgery outcome has gone well? And if your dentist who did this surgery happens to be ……..Much thanks Jill

Jill, I don’t like to discuss the names of my doctors and dentists on the Board — except to give initials of those physicians closely connected with Dr. Brown’s treatments, etc. I will be happy to reply to you in a PM and give you information. There is also a long-time practicing holistic dentist in the city where I live, who has extended experience in these same areas of practice. I can also give you his referral information.
    AF

cavalier
    Participant

After being gone a year from this forum I had forgotten that names of docs aren’t mentioned on here, although hints are given. It wasn’t intentional posting this dentists name, I can hardly remember my own name with lack of sleep and constant pain and pressure, as it’s getting colder it’s only getting worse. So forgive my memory lapse it wasn’t on purpose.

What names I do know for good experienced dentists have a waiting list or require long distances to travel and are also super expensive although I’d rather pay once than twice for this surgery, very few people have actually had this surgery and with high revisions and risks I’m trying to be careful and not jump at offers. I’ve had one offer for surgery but he wouldn’t release any patient names which I realize the patient must give permission but surely someone would, one would think… One I really think slot of had this issue himself and is very reasonable and patients I’ve talked too have done well but he’s booked out 18 months in Wisc and has many yrs of experience. I really don’t want someone doing surgery on this for me despite unbearable pain without knowing at least some patient results.
    There are 3 dentists in Nashville 2 are biological who claim to do this surgery the 3rd is a implant dentist I see them this week but unless they’re willing to give me some patient names I’m back to ground zero.
    My sis in law runs a dental office back home an Endodontist there took a look it’s easily seen on my Pano and I’ve seen it also readily this pano is 2&1/2 yrs old and I’m skeptical as one of the 3 biological dentists is mine who’ve I’ve trusted in seeing this pano and dn say a word back when I was aymptomatic.
    It’s one thing to understand that cavitations have toxins and are behind diseases I get that I’m looking for input from those who’ve walked this road what they did that helped tips and in a PM who they saw if they helped them etc real time info that can be shared doesn’t have to be public but in a PM but the net is full of folks who had cavitation surgery and it didn’t get fully healed could be the patient could be the dentist. I’d like to do this once and finally have the chance to be healthy before I’m too old. If this isn’t clear then I dunno what else I can say. I already know what a cavitation is and how serious they are. I need some real time suggestions because I’ve called all over and heard osteonecrosis what’s that? – It tells me I’m not in the right spot.

Jill

Pip
    Participant

Hello Jill,

I’m sorry to hear you are under such pressure and so much has gone wrong recently but great to hear you are still searching for your answers. On a side note, oddly, I think I broke my toe tripping over the neighbor’s dog. Wily creatures.

I had a set of cavitations done; my right side, top and bottom. It did not work. My MD was very well known and I trusted what he wanted to do, but it did not work as planned. After I was healed enough from the surgery, I felt that something was still inside the jaw, like it was missed, kind of like it was under back, lower, rear part of the jaw and was spreading outward again. I saw the MD again, and he was ‘it looks great’. I tried again to make other appointments to schedule the other side of the jaw but because of his situation, it never worked out.

I am now in a kind of bad spot. It needs to be cleaned out again, but who? where? And, oddly, since I went back to work, I don’t have time to schedule anything, but I need to MAKE time.

I did speak to another biologic dentist who was featured in a Mercola article, and he feels he can help me with Ozone treatments, but I haven’t even had time to research that.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

Pip

cavalier
    Participant

Pip sorry bout your toe. I broke my baby right toe wearing scandals carrying my one girl back into he garage after spaying her I thought I had cleared the metal pieces I had stored in the garage but carrying her I couldn’t see my feet and walked smak dab into it. So I can commiserate and since then every time it starts to feel better I jab it again into something but more often a dog steps on my toe. Fun isn’t it?

I’m sorry the debradement of your jaw didn’t work out. This is one reason why I feel it’s not smart to let someone address all 6 cavitations at once besides unleashing too many toxins at once that even high dose Vit C IVs would have a hard time keying up with, what about too much healing at once and if they don’t heal well then you just paid put a big chunk and have to go thru all 6 again I don’t think so. I’d rather start small and see if it takes.

What state are you in? You can PM me I’ve been scouring the USA trying to find not just who, but also looking for tips as to how to try to get this to heal. There’s a ND who doesn’t do the surgery but she’s written a book about it and I’m paying for a session in order to see what else I can do to facilitate healing.
    Being back at work makes it tough but do you have any vacation or sick time or leave? Ozone might help clear it if it’s small, some feel ozone injections only handle the toxins for a bit but more breed if there’s still necrotic bone but if it lasts several months to a year which sometimes it does, then it’s worth it, other times no but certainly worth a trial to see, as some dentists claim small areas of cavitations that ozone alone or in combo with a hand held laser that you can rent or buy a refurbished one on a 60 day guarantee can get rid of small cavitations sometimes. The other thing is infrared heat helps a bit but it’s a very slow process if you look up a article written by a MD dr W. He talks about this. I lay on my side of my face on my Mini Biomat up on high for 20 mins and then to the other side and repeat this most of the night in my bed. I often can’t sleep, but it’s worse without it. It helps to relax my tense neck and reduces my headaches too.

I hate that it doesn’t always work some of it can be the dentist or doc and methods was it ozone, PRF used, low to no epinephrine in the local used, high dose Vit C IV to kill off toxins and possibly ABX to protect organs and laser in addition to cleaning out and sometimes it’s adrenals, thyroid, or lack of good PH balance and folks using ice which impedes circulation there’s Homeopathics and other things that help to repair.

I appreciate the input, it’s not a easy decision, even when your hurting to trust this to someone. I wish it weren’t so. Just about every doc has some who weren’t a success just sometimes they can’t accept that even though they may say going in there’s a risk of repeat surgeries.

Best Jill

Pip
    Participant

PMed!

Agree about the toe. At first I didn’t think it was broken, but now, every time I jam it on something (STUPID) I mess it up again. And it’s not like they can do anything about it either. Sigh.

cavalier
    Participant

For those In Tx. Anyone know or seen a Biological dentist in Spring Tx? It’s close to Houston. I like the fact that smaller cavitations he will consider addressing with ozone and laser. If it worked I would save some surgery as not all of my 6 cavitations are big. I know of 2 that are huge that need surgery.
    I dont live in Tx. This requires a flight and trying to home in as fast as I can.
    Just trying to do my homework and how is by asking.

Thanks Jill

A Friend
    Participant

@A Friend wrote:

@cavalier wrote:

Hi AF I have quite a battle with my health and much of it traces back to my wisdom teeth both when infected and then removal…… I hope you don’t mind my asking if your surgery outcome has gone well? And if your dentist who did this surgery happens to be ……..Much thanks Jill

Jill, I don’t like to discuss the names of my doctors and dentists on the Board — except to give initials of those physicians closely connected with Dr. Brown’s treatments, etc. I will be happy to reply to you in a PM and give you information. There is also a long-time practicing holistic dentist in the city where I live (whom I’ve never met), who has extended experience in these same of similar areas of practice. I can also give you his referral information, as well as the one I chose.
    AF

Hello again, Jill, about your question above about my surgery outcome: I believe I made the right decision about that. [But, I wish I had been more astute about cataract surgery. After the year+ of IBS, a toll was taken on my vision because of not being able to absorb nutrients during a very lengthy period of volatile IBS — at which time I learned at my annual checkup that my “early cataracts” the year before, were in acute need of surgery; and I was told I had become almost “legally blind”… a shocker. My vision had always been quite good (in spite of a sudden onset of uveitis quite a few years ago, connected to inflammation response — a whole “nother” story). What I learned soon after the two separate cataract surgeries in early 2014 was that I could very possibly have regained the lost vision if I had known about a nutrient therapy that is known to have reversed cataracts from this condition — first read about here on our RBF BB.]

The dental equipment used to evaluate my dental problems was amazing, and reassuring as to the validity of the diagnosed problems. Cavitations could actually be visualized on a screen (a cavitat) as I sat in the dental chair — these said to be the size of four acorns. Also, there was equipment used that can identify and measure types of metals/materials present in the mouth that day. A full evaluation of my mouth/dental involvement was done.

I had requested the dentist do a detailed assessment of everything found that needed attention, along with any recommendations for corrective procedures. On that list was an elective procedure (optional/informational, but not required), the sending of samples of organisms from the cavitations (where four wisdom teeth were removed many years before) for DNA identification of the organisms. (At decision time about having the procedures, I elected also to have the DNA analysis done — I wanted to know what they were!). When I made the decision to have the dental revision procedures, a 2nd appointment was made to do all of the preliminary work in preparation for the actual revision procedures installation, including required temporary replacements, before returning for the permanent replacements. Something else, that I know little about, is that compatible metals and other materials for the patient can be determined so the safest ones for the patient is used. Apparently, since we are all different, we individually may react in different ways to such as these.

It was amazing that I did not remember having had any discomfort during, or even any memory of, the 5-hour procedures done on that day while on conscious sedation.

Jill, hope this information can help in some way.

AF

cavalier
    Participant

Well AF I’m a bit confused sorry seems to be headaches but I get the biocompatible part but not the temporary placements unless you had some teeth revised too at the same time as Cavitation surgery? Is that correct?

Did you have any problems later after the surgery in herxing or being more tired or any adverse issues?

I see 3 dentists this weds over in Nashville 2 are biological, one I’ve talked to a patient who I contacted on my own investigation who’s done well and it appears 2 other patients also have gotten good results. The deal is I’m considering if I need ongoing help or in addressing this as caring for 6 at once is felt by a couple LLMDs to be a bit overwhelming is the number of trips back and forth to Tx. As it is Nashville is 3 &1/2 hrs away so neither are in my own back yard. I’m hoping I’ll know more after Weds whether I should consider Tx or IL. It’s expensive and air travel adds to this as does hotels. At least in IL I have a 2nd home I can stay in as well as Nashville while I’d need a hotel in either case for the first 24-48 hrs after that I could head to either home, I’m sure it’s a factor in healing is reducing stress, so I’m trying hard to think of all angles as well as talent.

Best Jill

A Friend
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

Well AF I’m a bit confused sorry seems to be headaches but I get the biocompatible part but not the temporary placements unless you had some teeth revised too at the same time as Cavitation surgery? Is that correct?
    Did you have any problems later after the surgery in herxing or being more tired or any adverse issues? ……………
    Best Jill

Jill, sorry if I did not make everything clear. My first visit to the holistic dentist was for him to assess my dental-related problems (learned about the end of 2013 after reacting to the high D3-5000 for about 9 months with volatile, on-going IBS. Details of this reaction were discussed in posts from early 2013 and posts about this continuing saga during this year (2014).

My visits/purpose for each to the holistic dentist:

1) Examination/consultation/evaluation of what needed to be addressed. A list of needed procedures was made, after evaluations were made visually and using special state-of-the-art dental technology for assessing what was in my mouth. Some of the things that needed to be addressed involved replacement/improvement of some existing fillings, plus where the molar was extracted in 2013, I would have to have tooth/bridge for that area.

After the decision was made to have the complete revision done (which was actually a necessity for me, and not just a choice), during the revision it would be necessary for temporary caps, crowns, bridges, etc. to be made from molds and installed into my mouth, and the molds sent to a dental lab to make permanent dental replacements to be installed at next visit. [Does this explain the temporary ones referred to?]

Information linking dental-caused problems to the volatile IBS reactions were finally made from events during the last week in December 2013 to first appointment with the holistic dentist in early Spring 2014 (had to wait until after two cataract surgeries had to be done), when I then learned about my own dental status, including the four cavitations and toxic metals/materials which have been causing ongoing problems with my health (becoming acute in early 1990… and battling different phases of chronic illness since that time — and not having any idea that these were dental related, as my teeth/mouth seemed ok, and I saw the dentist and hygienist twice a year.

Apparently it was the organisms in the cavitations having access to my body’s blood supply that was creating unknown-about, ongoing chronic health problems. My lay person’s thoughts about the IBS were finally that the high dose D3 had somehow caused/allowed the dumping of “walled off organisms” into the bloodstream, and my body reacted with acute, volatile, ongoing IBS. It was only when routine yearly x-rays and dental cleaning were done in November 2013 that I learned I had a dark spot on a molar seen on x-ray… and I was told I needed a root canal or extraction + an implant (both of which I declined). It was at this point that I got in touch with the known holistic dentist — because I needed to “really know for sure” what was going on, before deciding what needed to be done dentally. Guess we can say it was: “truly decision time”… and I needed to know the truth of the situation, in order to make the best decision.

I feel very fortunate to have at one time lived near and known well the holistic dentist I contacted to help me with this problem. What a blessing this turned out to be! It has been a traumatic two years, but thankfully everything healthwise with myself seems to be steadily going in the right direction. I wouldn’t change a thing, except to have known about all of this and had it fixed years ago… instead of 20+ years later.

Good luck to you, Jill. Let me know if you have any questions about anything I’ve written that may be unclear.

AF

cavalier
    Participant

Thanks AF so the teeth revisions with replacing to biocompatible materials sounds like were possibly done in a different procedure with your dentist from cavitation surgery ? Maybe ahead of cavitation surgery?

It’s helpful you had a longtime relationship established which I’m sure was a factor among many factors in your decision making, that reduces a titch of the stress. These are all new dentists for me except one but I not sure yet of his experience.

Weds will be a full day and much to do before we go. May I ask if you were in any pain or pressure coming from your cavitations before you had surgery? Or was it intermittent? Or none?

Best Jill

A Friend
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

Thanks AF so the teeth revisions with replacing to biocompatible materials sounds like were possibly done in a different procedure with your dentist from cavitation surgery ? Maybe ahead of cavitation surgery?

…… May I ask if you were in any pain or pressure coming from your cavitations before you had surgery? Or was it intermittent? Or none?

Best Jill

Jill, you might benefit from re-reading my post.

I had felt no pain or pressure (none) where the cavitations were, and had no idea I had them –until the sudden onset of IBS had me “leaving no stone unturned” to find the answer to my dilemma; and these were first known for sure when they were visualized at the first office visit to assess the problems.

I had no pain during or since having the total dental revision — during which all of the dental problems were addressed during this lengthy revision… at one time… having to return only to place the permanent caps, etc. made by a dental lab in another part of the country.

I’m sure it must be confusing to hear this. However, with everything that was done, I felt nor remember any pain during the very long procedure. Since the revision, and my body being happier without the IBS, etc., I think I’m improving gradually every day. It will take time. It’s been a long battle since 1990 with everything that has taken place.

Best,
    AF

cavalier
    Participant

What I thought was you were asymptomatic AF which I’m glad in a way you were, but also had you had any symptoms you would have known, so it’s sort of a double edged sword good and bad in a sense, if you follow.

That’s my problem I’m in considerable pain it’s mind blowing so yes I find myself forgetting,making mistakes, all things I hate doing, but I am.

I’m being told Marble Falls is booked up til Feb. My first choice is booked out 18 months and they go in order not by pain so … spring Tx is saying Dec. dunno about Dallas area forgot to ask.

A good doc in Nashville is tentative as to when she’ll be back to work, they aren’t booking surgery for her yet, due to her being out for surgery herself. All of this figures as I have need for this yesterday, not months out!

Did your dentist use EAV or EDS or maybe you don’t know. As I said things are blurring, normally I can keep my head on better but not so easy right now.

Best
    Jill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.