Home Forums General Discussion Folate and ILD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lolly2pops
    Participant

Does anyone know if taking folate can be beneficial for those living with ILD (NSIP or UIP)?

Dx: systemic sclerosis in April 2016 with lung involvement (UiP), raynauds, sausage fingers, and overall swelling, high skin score, general body weakness, fatigue and weight loss . Symptoms started in 2005 and took 10 yrs to get diagnosed. Current meds: 100mg minocycline X2 p/d, milk thistle, turmeryne, mega C 1000 X2 p/d, calcium channel blocker, chloroquine 200mg p/d and probiotics. Tried NAC but this caused stomach pain and discomfort. Other meds used: imuran (oct 2016-dec2017), doxycycline and cellcept

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed that you tried NAC:

Tried NAC but this caused stomach pain and discomfort.

What kind of NAC did you take, and what was the dose? Did you take it on an empty stomach?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

lolly2pops
    Participant

Hi Phil and thank you for your reply.

NAC is only available in an effervescent here in South Africa. I was taking Acc200 600mg twice a day after meals.

Dx: systemic sclerosis in April 2016 with lung involvement (UiP), raynauds, sausage fingers, and overall swelling, high skin score, general body weakness, fatigue and weight loss . Symptoms started in 2005 and took 10 yrs to get diagnosed. Current meds: 100mg minocycline X2 p/d, milk thistle, turmeryne, mega C 1000 X2 p/d, calcium channel blocker, chloroquine 200mg p/d and probiotics. Tried NAC but this caused stomach pain and discomfort. Other meds used: imuran (oct 2016-dec2017), doxycycline and cellcept

Luck20
    Participant

Sorry, I haven’t read anything on folate and ild, but if you find something, I’d be most interested! Please update us.

I’ve had some lung involvement too, but its been minor and doesn’t seem to affect me. Right now I’m trying serrapeptase and cordycepts for fibrosis and lung fibrosis. Its way too soon to tell if its helping. I’ll update later if it does.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.