Home Forums General Discussion FM lithium connection

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

Just to make a correction, I meant to say I was glad that Eva’s hip was healing, not Trudi’s. Unless Trudi’s hip was also injured and is also healing. I just looovvve fibrofog!

Just wanted to check in and let you know how I’m doing on the calcium and magnesium orotate. I have to say that I’m very surprised, I’ve never had any improvement from taking magnesium or calcium, but I take them for bone health anyway. After about 10 days using the formula where they are bound to orotic acid my muscle pain was about 30% better, and it continues to improve, I’d say it’s about 50-60% better. No increase in energy yet, but there is also another downside. My rheumy and I were both of the opinion that the PsA was pretty well under control, and that almost all of my pain was from FMS, but as my muscle pain has decreased I’m noticing an increase in joint pain that must have been masked by the muscle pain from the FMS. Understand that I was in a very bad place with the FMS, there was not one inch of my body that did not feel like it was deeply bruised, and I could not even stand for more than 5 minutes, much less walk. My sleep is absolutely ridiculous, I’m up all nite, until about 5 am, nothing works anymore, and when I do finally nod off around 5 am, it’s only for about 90 minutes. This will continue until about 2 pm, waking, sleeping for an hour or 2, waking again, but never getting into the deep sleep that we need to restore our energy. Need less to say, this has made my muscle pain worse and pretty much left me non-functional.

I didn’t notice any difference in my pain until one day I woke up, got out of bed to get lunch, and realized that I didn’t moan and groan when I got out of bed. I squeezed my arm at one of the trigger point locations and it didn’t make me want to scream. My muscles are very weak and it is still hard to stand for long, but now it’s more from weakness than pain. I’m starting physical therapy this week and have purchased a recumbent bike, so I hope to be able to build up more muscle strength. Before it wasn’t possible for me to do P.T. because it was too painful. I’m not celebrating yet, I’ve been down this road way too many times and I know the fickle nature of these diseases. I’m holding off on the lithium orotate for now, I’m still nervous about taking OTC lithium, especially since it is bound to an amino acid (orotic acid again) that provides better transport into the cell, making more of it avaliable than the rx lithium. If that amino acid made the mag/calcium this much more effective it’s bound to do the same for any mineral attached to it. So anyway, that’s where I’m at right now.

Kim
    Participant

Hi Linda,

Wanted to make sure you saw the article Lynne G. posted earlier on Fibro/Lyme:

http://www.canlyme.com/fibrocfslyme.html

Take care…..kim

linda
    Participant

Thx Kim, that is a good article.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.