Home Forums General Discussion Flu vaccine?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Thanks Trudi, it’s not like I have NOT been an AP user….I have an may go with it again, but right now, going at my pace and I’ll decide if and when again….

Richie has been forever on my case and it’s absolutely unfair….

Ever hear that expression: Live and Let Live….

There are SO MANY supposed ot subjects here but each and every time, it seems I make a comment, guess who attacks me….

Anyway thanks for your support. jam

Trudi
    Participant

@jaminhealth wrote:

There are SO MANY supposed ot subjects here but each and every time, it seems I make a comment, guess who attacks me….Anyway thanks for your support. jam

I’ve noticed and that’s why I started to respond. I really would hate to alienate anyone that comes to this board–it doesn’t look good for us to be bickering; and BTW, I didn’t think you had to be on abx to post here.
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

richie
    Participant

Hi–I think the message is lost here –people come to this board seeking advice which hopefully is sound –Trudi -when you quote your sister who is a nurse -well thats a qualified source but when one quotes a friend I find that irresponsible and whenever I find a post that lacks accuracy and can not be verified I will say so –If it appears that I am on someones case –then that someone should heed advice and attempt to post accurate verifiable info –not quoting outlandish sources that quite frankly appears lacking in truthfulness in some cases —there just seems to be a lack of fact in many many posts and I resent that —
    richie

Joanne60
    Participant

It is interestinmg reading what the manufacturers have to say about a vaccine – this is a flu vaccine being offered in my local area http://www.surreygp.com/news3_surreygp.html?gclid=COuk2fuewLMCFW_KtAod6CcArQ http://www.influvac.co.uk/PDFs/PrescribingInformation.pdf

What I do find strange is that they say

Children less than 6 months: the safety and efficacy in children less than 6 months have not been established.
    No data are available

and

Fertility, Pregnancy and Lactation: Pregnancy: Inactivated influenza vaccines can be used in all stages of
    pregnancy. Larger datasets on safety are available for the second and third trimester, compared with the first
    trimester; however, data from worldwide use of influenza vaccine do not indicate any adverse foetal and maternal
    outcomes attributable to the vaccine.

I don’t feel confident about their claims in the second statement in view of the first, somewhat contradictory. Lack of evidence does not necessarily mean lack of a problem.

Contraindications: Hypersensitivity to active ingredients or excipients (see SPC) and to any components that may
    be present as traces such as eggs(ovalbumin, chicken proteins), formaldehyde, cetyltrimethylammonium
    bromide, polysorbate 80 or gentamicin.
    Postpone immunisation in patients with febrile illness or acute infection.

If our conditions are due to infections in my case Lyme Disease or if we are unaware of any underlying pathogen driving our illness should this apply?

Side-effects: Headache, sweating, myalgia, arthralgia, fever, malaise, shivering, fatigue.
    Local reactions: redness, swelling, pain, ecchymosis, induration. Transient thrombocytopenia, transient
    lymphadenopathy, allergic reactions in rare cases leading to shock, angioedema. Neuralgia, paraesthesia, febrile
    convulsions, neurological disorders such as encephalomyelitis, neuritis and Guillain Barr

Krys
    Participant

@Joanne60 wrote:

….Postpone immunisation in patients with febrile illness or acute infection.

If our conditions are due to infections in my case Lyme Disease or if we are unaware of any underlying pathogen driving our illness should this apply?

Side-effects: ….Neuralgia, paraesthesia, febrile convulsions, neurological disorders such as encephalomyelitis, neuritis and Guillain Barr

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

What an eminently sensitive and sensible post Krys.

Rosey, I endorse what Krys has said. With so many competing views on this subject, do what feels right for you. And I wish you a healthy, flu-free winter!

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

What an eminently sensitive and sensible post Krys.

Rosey, I endorse what Krys has said. With so many competing views on this subject, do what feels right for you. And I wish you a healthy, flu-free winter!

I second Krys’ thoughts. Let your “gut feelings” be your guide.
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

A Friend
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

All – this article today on mercola site re flu vaccines – mounting a case against them

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/11/06/flu-vaccine-efficacy.aspx?e_cid=20121106_DNL_art_1

Lynnie,
    One of the first things I’ve read this morning was in Dr. Mercola’s newsletter. I did a search on the Board to see if we had an existing subject of Vaccines, and found your post under “Flu Vaccine?”. Am pasting an alert here about an article in today’s Mercola Newsletter:

Mercola: Report re 3rd MMR Vaccine and Recently published research New England Journal of Medicine
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/11/13/mmr-vaccine-ineffectiveness.aspx?e_cid=20121113_DNL_art_1

The above is a link to a newsletter received from Dr. Mercola this morning. After reading the article with this heading:

richie
    Participant

Hi–I agree somewhat –seems we are inundated with vaccines to take –mumps pneumonia shingles and more –I dont like or think these other vaccines are necessary –BUT I am sold on the importance and need for the flu shot –Best always –
    richie

Trudi
    Participant

Interesting article–
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/reassessing-flu-shots-as-the-season-draws-near/?partner=rss&emc=rss

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.