Home Forums General Discussion Flu vaccine?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi to everyone
    Last year I was really brave plus there was a lot of information telling you not to have the flu jab so I didn’t.
    This year I don’t feel as brave. I start to feel uncomfortable when the shops are crowded.
    I had a foot op to straighton my toes and fix my bunion two weeks ago, just had the stitches removed today. I will have my other foot done next.
    It’s a bit scary this flu!
    Is everyone having or had it the vaccine?
    Hope you are all well!
    Best wishes
    Rosemary

Krys
    Participant

I’m NOT doing any vaccine. And I regret doing the only one I did. That was about 10 years ago.
    Yes, I am always uncomfortable when the shops are crowded. Some shops make me uncomfortable even if not crowded. It’s due to chemical sensitivity. I hate shopping. It depletes me of energy and makes me feel sick. So, I usually opt out for online shopping.
    I’m not urging you NOT to vaccinate. Make your informed decision.
    Whatever you decide, may it work for you!!!
    Krys

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Rosey–

Recently there was an entire thread on flu shots–
    https://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8129&hilit=flu+vaccination
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Rosey UK
    Participant

Thanks Trudy,
    I read the posts and thanks. I just panic at this time of the year probably because many years ago I had a flu virus and was very ill. I had two little girls age 4 and 5yrs. I didn’t get strong for a very long time. They called it yuppie flu, now it’s called ME.

Thanks Krys also for your help too!

jaminhealth
    Participant

I haven’t taken the vaccines for a good 25 yrs…..get your immune system strong…Grapeseed Extract has been a salvation…I was telling a neighbor today, who mentioned she may now have COPD from yrs of smoking in early yrs….told her to get on grapeseed extract and get healthier….

Last night on Coast to Coast radio, two health book authors were discussing the vaccines, and said absolutely NO, full of toxins and they do contain aluminum, formeldyhyde, mercury and some other stuff.. .

I keep Oscillo and Echineaca handy just in case… I personally don’t go into crowds….

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Last night on Coast to Coast radio, two health book authors were discussing the vaccines, and said absolutely NO, full of toxins and they don’t work….

This is not a bona fide quote or helpful information. If you are going to quote something or someone to support a point of view, then please quote the source properly, preferably with a link to at least one source – the authors, the books, a transcript or podcast. RBFV

jaminhealth
    Participant

Sorry I don’t remember the author’s names, it was coast to coast radio late at night….they were talking about a lot of health issues including codex and other stuff….sorry….I don’t know what else to say….should I delete?

richie
    Participant

Hi—I always take the flu shot every year and never a problem —key is never take the flu shot if one has a cold and never take a flu shot if one is allergic to eggs —-Only a poorly informed person can say it doesnt work –I can accept reluctance to take a flu shot for various reasons but not working –thats just plain old B.S —
    richie

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

they were talking about a lot of health issues including codex and other stuff….sorry….I don’t know what else to say….should I delete?

suggest you self-edit the post and remove that line.

It is fine to have a personal opinion as long as it is stated as a personal opinion. Wherever people cite a talk, paper, article, book, broadcast etc to back up an opinion, it needs to be substantiated with a reference that people can check out for themselves should they choose to. RBFV

Rosey UK
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi—I always take the flu shot every year and never a problem —key is never take the flu shot if one has a cold and never take a flu shot if one is allergic to eggs —-Only a poorly informed person can say it doesnt work –I can accept reluctance to take a flu shot for various reasons but not working –thats just plain old B.S —
    richie

Hi Richie,

I’ve always had the flu shot myself, except for last year when they went on so much about the toxins in it like mercury and others.

I’ve never had a problem and feel less nervous when I’m protected!

Thanks Richie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

All – this article today on mercola site re flu vaccines – mounting a case against them

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/11/06/flu-vaccine-efficacy.aspx?e_cid=20121106_DNL_art_1

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Joanne60
    Participant

Plain language summary
    Vaccines to prevent influenza in healthy adults

Over 200 viruses cause influenza and influenza-like illness which produce the same symptoms (fever, headache, aches and pains, cough and runny noses). Without laboratory tests, doctors cannot tell the two illnesses apart. Both last for days and rarely lead to death or serious illness. At best, vaccines might be effective against only influenza A and B, which represent about 10% of all circulating viruses. Each year, the World Health Organization recommends which viral strains should be included in vaccinations for the forthcoming season.

Authors of this review assessed all trials that compared vaccinated people with unvaccinated people. The combined results of these trials showed that under ideal conditions (vaccine completely matching circulating viral configuration) 33 healthy adults need to be vaccinated to avoid one set of influenza symptoms. In average conditions (partially matching vaccine) 100 people need to be vaccinated to avoid one set of influenza symptoms. Vaccine use did not affect the number of people hospitalised or working days lost but caused one case of Guillian-Barr

jaminhealth
    Participant

Bottom line, people make their choices….this is from a friend recently on what it is the vaccines:

richie
    Participant

A quote from a friend —-dont you ever heed RBFV.s posts –I have a friend who says the flu vaccine is necessary –hes a licensed plumber !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Richie–
    Not every poster lists documentation. I have surely posted information that my sister, who is a registered nurse, has passed on. The wonderful thing about having the Internet, anyone’s posts can be quickly checked for accuracy–

http://www.livestrong.com/article/69620-flu-shot-vaccine-ingredients/
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/flu-shot-ingredients.html

Please give jaminhealth a break. Her heart is in the right place. When all is said and done, if we were to completely adhere to the guidelines set up by the RBF, questions about the flu shot or anything else not involving abx would be strictly prohibited. How limiting that would be. I believe any Lyme discussion would also be forbidden since it is not a rheumatic illness.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.