Home Forums General Discussion flu shots

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

There are many studies on PubMed describing the relationship between autoimmunity and vaccines. This new study from last Feb is pretty interesting. I think you will find it important in your case, Jill, with elevated anti-cardiolipin IgM/IgG antibodies!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22235050

“We report that after the administration of seasonal/H1N1 vaccine there were mostly transient changes in autoantibody production in AIRD (AIRD = autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic disease) patients and in healthy participants. However, a small subset of patients, especially ANA-positive patients, had a tendency towards anti-ENA development (antibodies for mixed connective tissue disease). Although no convincing differences between the seasonal and H1N1 vaccines were observed, our results imply that there might be a slight tendency of the H1N1 vaccine towards aCL (aCL = anticardiolipin antibody) induction. Although seasonal and H1N1 vaccines are safe and effective, they also have the potential to induce autoantibodies in selected AIRD patients and healthy adults. Follow-up of such individuals is proposed and further research is needed.”

I’ve read numerous such studies on PubMed and my personal layman’s take on any vaccination, live or dead, is that the intention of the vaccine is to stimulate an immune response to produce antibody to then fight that infection. Any immune stimulation, if one has active rheumatic disease, is probably not worth the risk. It’s also worth noting that conventional wisdom (which also has patients on immune-suppressive medications so no or less immune stimulation is going to occur) suggests that getting a flu vaccine is important. One can understand why if a person is highly immune-suppressed, because a passing flu could most certainly create an overwhelming infection in the body.

Woods1977
    Participant

I’m glad someone brought this topic up… My PCP was fanatical about me getting a flu shot last year… Almost to the point where I thought they were going to hunt me down until I got one. I did end up getting one last year- and although I didn’t get the flu, I got a cold 3 times last winter (not sure if this is related to having a comprimised immune system or the shot)… Until last year I’d never gotten a flu shot in my life.. I’m still going back and forth about this year. I’m going to consult with my AP doctor next week before I make a decision. It’s so difficult… I have such a distrust for the regular medical community now, I don’t know what to believe anymore-it’s extremely fustrating. 😡

jaminhealth
    Participant

From Natural News recently:

In researching vaccine additives, we came across a shocking admission by the CDC:

Vaccines are intentionally formulated with some of the most toxic brain-damaging substances on the planet:

– Aluminum

– Formaldehyde

– Mercury

– MSG (yes, monosodium glutamate)

The CDC openly admits this on its government website, and it also insists that these toxic substances are actually good for you!

Here’s my full report:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/037653_vaccine_additives_thimerosal_formaldehyde.html

No question on my decision…

cavalier
    Participant

I appreciate the further info Maz on the high Cardiolipin as mine is already raised, so that interesting thank you.
    Thank God I have not done a flu shot – I cant think when I have had a flu shot for sure not since I have been a adult, as a kid, if then even. While I realize the risk of getting a illness especially when I have compromised lungs from scar tissue on my phrenic nerve took down my one diaphragm & I have PH now on top – I have had the pneumonia shot suggested but it too has a adjuvant in it that can increase scar tissue – this was felt by my Rheum when I brought up the adjuvant to her to then weigh risks & she decided with me to not take this shot. I try very hard to offer myself good immune support & to try to avoid exposure as if I catch something it is harder for me due to my lungs.

From my dealings with my dogs as a breeder I have had to be acutely aware of adjuvants & risks as my breed can easily become affected by a poor functioning immune.
    I realize there is a weighing we each have to make & one that should not be done lightly but we are each unique in what we have going on in our immune systems & what we know we are dealing with.

Best – Jill

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Had my first flu shot EVER in Dec 2005…..became aware of my SD symptoms by March 2006. My answer…..HECK NO!! Never Again! Im not blamming the flu vaccine completely but Im sure it was part of my perfect storm.

Anonymous
    Participant

@dotsdaughter2 wrote:

does anyone get the flu,pneumonia or shingles shot. I heard that sometimes when people with RA get the flu they feel better for weeks, maybe it kills some bacteria. Anyone have any answeres.
    By the way your all wonderful.

I don’t know if it’s just me but I don’t believe in having flu shots because I believe in the mercury toxicity that vaccination can give.

Michele
    Participant

The last flu shot I had included the preservative thimerosol. Since heavy metals were part of my illness, that shot made me feel much worse. So a consideration to these vaccines is also your response to mercury, aluminum, or whatever unsuspecting agent is in with the serum. Some flu shots do not have heavy metals in them but you have to ask. I do not plan on getting a flu shot. But I am not consistent in that choice with all vaccines.

It’s certainly something to carefully consider and not an easy choice. My LLMD discovered my pneumonia vaccine had not worked and strongly advised me to get another pneumonia shot. I did and was fine. It did not contain heavy metals. I checked before taking it. I’ve had pneumonia three times before this chronic illness and don’t think I’d survive it again. So for me, with the risks of pneumonia returning or the vaccine problems, decided for the repeat pneumonia vaccine.

And btw, does it seem like you can get a flu shot anywhere these days?
    Michele

A Friend
    Participant

I don’t get the flu shots either, because I’m leery of them. By the way, people on AP have commented that after they were on AP, they no longer seemed to get colds and flu the way they once did. That has also been my experience.

AF

jaminhealth
    Participant

all pharmacies now administer flu shots so I guess these pharmacists are licensed to give these? Pharma has a huge market…even in our supermarkets with pharmacies, people are buying flu shots…..not this gal….jam

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.