Home Forums General Discussion Flare!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

What can I tell you, Fri night I had the 'flare from hell' — it presented itself in the left side of my neck from just under my jaw back to the top of the shoulder.  I searched everywhere but couldn't find anything stronger than Panadiene Forte & Tramadol & on past experience Tramadol does nothing for me so I took the P.forte and got an ice pack; believe me if someone had an axe handy I would have willingly given them the go ahead.  I guess what threw me the most was that any other time I have had off work because of this stupid disease was only because it was affecting the palm of my hand and I couldn't drive, this time it was purely because of the pain factor (I was scheduled to teach on Saturday). Then just to make life interesting late Sat afternoon it shifted to my right side, it felt as though I had torn all the muscles in my back, then true to form it moved again Sat night and went to my right thigh.

It has been a year since I was in this kind of agony, believe me although I do remember & know I used to have terrible pain when I flared & yes I also remember pacing the floor all night, may I say it's obvious the mind plays tricks because I didn't really remember how bad it was until Fri night when it happened.   

By Sun morning it was gone.   God I hate this disease!!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Maz,

I am so sorry you are going through this flare.  It is always so depressing and I think even more so once you have tasted sweet freedom from the pain and then it comes back.

Did you start a new protocol?  Something we can say “it must be working to cause a flare?”

Susan

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Maz,

I am so sorry you are going through this flare.  It is always so depressing and I think even more so once you have tasted sweet freedom from the pain and then it comes back.

Did you start a new protocol?  Something we can say “it must be working to cause a flare?”

Susan

Hi Susan,

I wish ….. I have racked my brains all weekend and can't come up with anything — I haven't eaten anything I shouldn't have or done anything that would exacerbate the problem — Perhaps it is just because my body went through so much in the past 3 mths and it is payback time….lol

I just needed to vent this morning.

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

Christina V
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Glad the flare has settled, sorry it was such a humdinger for you to deal with.  I am not knowledgable enough to suggest why this happens, just glad it is over for you.  Take care of yourself, Christina

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Maz – I am so sorry to hear that. I so remember that kind of 'just kill me now' PR flare and, interestingly, panadeine forte was the only thing that ever even touched the sides for me too. Didnt you tell me you've just changed your protocol slightly? If so, my bet is that it's herxing big time. Might be worth a phone consult? Glad it's over now and the wild beast has gone back in its cave. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

Yes I have changed the abx but not until this Monday so I was still on the Doxy on Frid – it shouldn't have been a problem but clearly I don't react well to Doxy for some reason anyway (herxing over Xmas last when I went onto Doxy the first time) however having said that the herx did come this time and passed … so I am still not any wiser than before …

The good news is that it is almost Sept (next scheduled appt with Dr D) so I will just delay it until then.

Thanks for your concern,
    Maz-Aust  

All off days Probiotics

Annie
    Participant

maz

Terrible news, but don't feel so bad. I have been flaring for the past fortnight and my left hand blew up yesterday the size of a cows utter.  So I have resorted yesterday and today to 1mil of cortozone – I see my Dr tonight and will get another IV. 

I have also gone over what I have been eating and doing – I cannot find a link.

Probably the wrong thing to do – but being left handed and really busy at work and going to Europe next week – something had to be done.

This is really interesting – I have not had this much pain in over 12 months.  So it has to be Melbourne's bloody WEATHER!!!! 

UUUrrrrrrrrrrrr

Annie

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=534]Annie[/user] wrote:

maz

…………..This is really interesting – I have not had this much pain in over 12 months.  So it has to be Melbourne's bloody WEATHER!!!! 

UUUrrrrrrrrrrrr

Annie

Hi Annie,

Interesting that you too are getting this flare after 12 mths – maybe that's it!  Maybe around the 12 mth mark something happens???

Of course it's Melbourne's bloody weather !! lol  I want to be in Brisbane right now, they have 33degC and we are sitting on 12 with rain, hail & gale force winds, it's not fair Annie……

Have a great time in Europe, (by the way where's my ticket??)

Maz

All off days Probiotics

Annie
    Participant

Maz

Your reply has made me feel so much better – If the wind doesn't blow us away the atmospheric pressure causes us havoc.

Sunday week – think I me in Vienna – sorry I forgot to get your ticket – but not a bad early 50th from my hubby.

Annie

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=534]Annie[/user] wrote:

Maz

…………..Sunday week – think I me in Vienna – sorry I forgot to get your ticket – but not a bad early 50th from my hubby.

Annie

Just make sure you sit on a one of those magnetic cushions on the plane, my Dr believes in it and has one herself!

As to your 50th … early congratulations & wow Annie what a lovely pressie 😎

Maz
    ps – I am sure you can share your hubbie with all of us here on RB site, we would all like pressies like that!

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

So sorry to hear that both of you have been suffering. Dr Brown noted in The Road Back (now contained in The New Arthritis Breakthrough, page 213) that a drop in barometric pressure would tend to send his patients into a flare. So that may well be it. Hope the weather improves for you soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Annie
    Participant

Maz and Lynnie

Visited my Dr last night and guess what!   he had another patient from Melbourne suffering a flare as well who had been doing OK!!!!

Now I definitely blame the weather.

Annie

maz.aust
    Participant

Wow Annie —

After your news about the rotten weather playing a hand in all this I have decided I would like to live on the Seychelle Islands …

Hope you are feeling better today.
    Maz – Aust 

All off days Probiotics

Annie
    Participant

Thanks Maz

Yep on the mend now, mentally and physically.

Annie

maz.aust
    Participant

Annie, as a matter of interest – what suburb are you in?  

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ Flare!’ is closed to new replies.