Home Forums General Discussion Flagyl

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

Michelle–
    What an informative post. I will have to save it and give it to my relatives when needed.

I wish your mom a speedy recovery–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

mlouise
    Participant

Ok, mkbeeliever, I am going to get in contact with a LLMD. At least it is easier to find one of them in PA than it was to find an AP Dr. I know that my parents both had the 4 week antibiotic treatments for Lyme about 7 years ago. Since then though my mother (almost 80) had a bout of kidney failure, dialysis and a diagnosis of lyphophoma (this does not look right. See I think I am suffering from brain fog. 😕 My spelling and typing skills are definitely not what they were before this. Believe it not not I used to be a teacher! 😳 )
    I feel sure that I could benefit even more from tackling the Lyme. My Dr seems to think that we should concentrate on the SD first, then if need be go after the Lyme, but from what I understand from this forum, the SD could have come from the Lyme, so tackling the Lyme will get rid of the SD. Six months ago I do not think I was capable of tackling it because I was in soo much pain and fog and skin tightening that I thought I would die. Now, though, I am physically so much better and I believe ready to take on the challenge.
    Which brings me back to the beginning of this post.
    Mikana – I am going to see a LLMD and see what he would say. Thanks for posting the good news about your husband and about the flagyl.

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@mlouise wrote:

Ok, mkbeeliever, I am going to get in contact with a LLMD. At least it is easier to find one of them in PA than it was to find an AP Dr.

Yes, you are lucky to live in PA – the LLMD’s and the AP docs are non-existent here in GA. We had to go to North Carolina. I believe this is a great thing for you to do…consult with an expert – get a second opinion. What do you have to lose? Only better health to gain in the long run!

@mlouise wrote:

I feel sure that I could benefit even more from tackling the Lyme. My Dr seems to think that we should concentrate on the SD first, then if need be go after the Lyme, but from what I understand from this forum, the SD could have come from the Lyme, so tackling the Lyme will get rid of the SD. Six months ago I do not think I was capable of tackling it because I was in soo much pain and fog and skin tightening that I thought I would die. Now, though, I am physically so much better and I believe ready to take on the challenge.

This is EXACTLY what we did. Mom was so very ill. I mean sicker than sick. (you know what I am talking about!) She told me she was dying. But when she started Mino, she kept getting better and better. We purposely coasted for a while knowing in the back of our minds that she did have Lyme. We just did not want to deal with that whole thing while she was regaining her strength and feeling better because we just couldn’t face Lyme. She’d had enough. She needed to just be. And so did I. Scleroderma is a bear. It’s brutal. BUT, It’s different now. So, timing is everything. It’s all in God’s time for you. I can’t tell you how happy I am that you are better and ready to take on the challenge if it is indeed Lyme. Will be holding you in my prayers!

Blessings,
    Michelle

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Trudi wrote:

Michelle–
    What an informative post. I will have to save it and give it to my relatives when needed.

I wish your mom a speedy recovery–

Trudi

Thank you Trudi! I did a little bit of copying and pasting from sites..not my writing! I thought it was a good first intro to Lyme. No one understands so I decided to fill them in.
    Thanks for the well wishes for my mom! How are you???
    Blessings,
    Michelle

Trudi
    Participant

How are you???

Not so good. Rely on a walker in the house and a wheelchair when we go out. Can no longer do the stairs so we’re in the process of moving my things to the first floor 🙁 . I’ve gone back to my primary doctor who just got over Lyme herself and hope she will be of help. I still see the electro-dermal doctor. My numbers for Lyme are actually very good. This last time my numbers for plasmodium malarium jumped up by 3 points and that after being on Artemisinin 😮 . Biofilms are showing up and he wants to address them next time. Oh, yes, and also I’m to reduce my wheat intake. Stopped all wheat products for the last two weeks and there might be a smidgeon of improvement. Patients is really key here!
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.